Stk 58l

Nidge74

New Forum User
I stopped today and took photos of the above 240....Who's is it???:unsure:

I got a databse hit on STK 58
1972 red 240Z

Currently with a registered member, if the database is up to date.

Data protection prevents me from you any details thought. (damn laws).

Should be located in the MK post code zone????

fd4007

Forum User
Hi there it's mine! Got your note yesterday-thanks, always nice to be in touch with other owners. My name's Frazer and I've had the car for about 2 years and used her regularly during that time. The car's all original and came with some parts separately including a new bonnet and doors and it's only now that I'm beginning to think about restoring her. Had very little work done since I've owned the car, cylinder head gasket, all new brakes and U.J's and the like for MOT's but really I'm genuinely surprised at how reliable it is. I've done loads of long journeys to Cornwall etc without a murmer. I'm also 99% positive that the 69,000 miles on the clock is original! Underneath it's pretty solid but the doors are shot and it had to have a patch welded on the sill last year hence the idea of near total restoration this summer/autumn. The car was originally white but then a guy a couple of owners ago painted it this London bus red (which I can't match, having no codes and it being non datsun). So at the moment I'm in the process of researching the best way to restore the car and who I can call on for welding sills etc...so if anyone knows anyone who can be reccommended...? Also for re-sprays? Any help would be appreciated. Anyhow nice to get your note bro. Cheers fd.

bro973x

Well-Known Forum User
Wow Frazer! I think theres something about us Z-heads that sees beyond the rust and stuff! When I looked back and saw your car, It Was Love!!! I've been doing my 280zx every day for about a month now and even though shes not one of yours,(GRRR!!)...I am really pleased with how shes looking. I would love to help you out and will find out what I can do. I have your car as my wallpaper and would like to know that she is looked after! Well, You're on here so that bits secure! Nick

Charles E

New Forum User
Hi guys,
The car was white when I owned it in 1981/2. It had some issues with the drive train then that I never really resolved before I left it in UK with a relative who sold it for very little... less than £300.00!

Charles

Attachments

• 20200919_223040.jpg
    20200919_223040.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 92

Michael Thomas

New Forum User
Hi all just found this thread. I owned car from 1992 to 2002 put it back on the road after buying it off guy who bought it off Charles relative. He just stored it as it needed loads of body work, wings doors rear arches. It was low mileage and in pretty good mechanical condition. I had 10 years of fun battling the tin worm and using it as a fun car. Sorry Fraser I turned it red. For info car has now been fully restored nut and bolt resto. Back to white. On sale by firm in Oxford if you have a cool 45k lol. Good to know it will go on for many more years20220205_130734.jpg 20220205_130734.jpg

Attachments

• 20220205_130815.jpg
    20220205_130815.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 15

Michael Thomas

New Forum User
Thanks. Case of limited resources. And best I could do at time. Should have seen it when I got it. No wings loads of rust. Steel wheels no trims. Could afford wolfrace at that time. Went full red when second rust battle took place 4 years later. It looks great now but a lottery win required to buy at 45 k. I see it sold on Ebay following full restoration for 31 k so someone is looking for a profit. Good luck to whoever buys it.

Last edited: