std tire size 240z

Status
Not open for further replies.

No Hands

Well-Known Forum User
as the title says, what is the standard tire size from a 240z? i have bought three cars and they all have ballon size tires, that cant be normal..

Mr.G

Club Member
With the above combo you'll be running a 70 profile tyre.

If you don't like the bulginess then move to a larger diameter wheel, which will allow you to run a lower profile tyre.

Chappers

Club Member
The 175 HR14 is an 80 profile but this is rarely written but was sometimes shown on the tyre sticker.

Mr.G

Club Member
With the above combo you'll be running a 70 profile tyre.

If you don't like the bulginess then move to a larger diameter wheel, which will allow you to run a lower profile tyre.

Ignore,its been a long day. 195 14 would be a 70 profile usually.:smash:

zbloke

Club Member
Depending on the width of your 15" rims, if you go with a 205/60/15 or 225/50/15 then your very close to the rolling radius of the 175/80/14

No Hands

Well-Known Forum User
width is 8J

is guess ill go for 205 in front and 225 on the rears, but not in different heights preferably.

zbloke

Club Member
If you've got 8" rims I'd run 225/50/15 front and rear, a 205 might be a bit stretched on an 8" rim

IMO of course

No Hands

Well-Known Forum User
nice, thats how i need it to be :)

i am a little afraid with wide tires on the front, most old cars seems to handle very bad with wide tires on the front.

zbloke

Club Member
i am a little afraid with wide tires on the front, most old cars seems to handle very bad with wide tires on the front.

Thats a fair point, personal preference could come into it too, my steering is a little heavy at parking speed but is quite acceptable above that.

I like to think my car handles pretty well, there is room for improvement though, but I have done other things apart from just wider tyres/wheels which will make a difference, as I'm sure you know everything has to work together to get the best out of the whole car.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Thats a fair point, personal preference could come into it too, my steering is a little heavy at parking speed but is quite acceptable above that.

I like to think my car handles pretty well, there is room for improvement though, but I have done other things apart from just wider tyres/wheels which will make a difference, as I'm sure you know everything has to work together to get the best out of the whole car.

What he said except I'd add that 225s all round is best - NO issues for handling except only better and if weight is really a problem............fit ps !

RIDDLER

Well-Known Forum User
All sounds very complicated. I have a 260Z with Minilites, and that has 205x60x15s on it which look great, and it runs great on them too. Visit my gallery to see the car.

No Hands

Well-Known Forum User
Brand new set of 225 50 15 T1R's for sale in the classified section still available.

are you trying to get me in that classified system were i can post stuff in the most complicated classified system i have seen in the entire internet? and after i got stuff working i cant see replies on my own topic because i am a non paying member?
i dont want to go there, its to user unfriendly for me :)

ill just stick with ebay.

but thanks for letting me know!

zedhead260

Well-Known Forum User
are you trying to get me in that classified system were i can post stuff in the most complicated classified system i have seen in the entire internet? and after i got stuff working i cant see replies on my own topic because i am a non paying member?
i dont want to go there, its to user unfriendly for me :)

ill just stick with ebay.

Might just have to keep that one for posterity......

:lol:
:lol::lol:
:lol::lol::lol:
:lol::lol::lol::lol:
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.