Spike Anderson, Samuri

Al Douglas

Club Member
Hi all,
just seen that Spike’s website, samuri.eu is in the process of being re-vamped and thought that those of you who are interested may want to take a look and have a read of its content.
Personal history and Samuri history both updated with what he’s been doing/trading in but the most interesting section is Samuri Update where he breaks what has been a long silence in respect of many comments made over the years on this and other forums.
As I say, interesting read.

http://samuri.eu/

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
So, nothing's changed then. Still the same old same old dispute between two basic parties which has been going on for as long as I've owned one of these cars (that's about 30 years now) and was old news then, let alone now.

Coming soon. The final three Super Samuris, the 'Heritage Series':

#78 'LOL'
#79 'WTF'
#80 'FFS'.

JK240

Club Member
Gosh, that does seem to be the rantings of a bitter man doesn't it.

What still amazes me is that despite after 25 years of silence and suddenly remembering more 'true facts' about in period details, the supposed register is still a joke. Most of the cars are recorded under incorrect ownership and JD Classics are still undertaking a restoration of Big Sam..?

Indeed SS00022 has two entries each with a different registration number!

And the new picture from the front cover of the book looks remarkably like one of mine from Donington a couple of years ago, reproduced without my permission :EXTRArolleyes:

Cheers,

JK

Last edited:

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
It's all very sad and Spike has become very bitter since he wrote (had written) his first book.

A relationship can go sour but you can't re-write history or the relationship at the time.

In his book Spike wrote positively about Kevin, said he was a quick driver, they had a common interest so joined forces and they met because he had worked on Kevin's car.

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
Just maybe Spike has seen the light and hopes from any money he makes from a new book he can pay the monies owing to various companies and his share of the monies he owed to the Inland revenue when he ran off to Spain with £700 in his pocket

He writes in his first book that after a couple months in Spain he heard that Kevin Irons and John Lloyd had been approached by the IR demanding the outstanding monies owed to them and although Spike writes that he felt particularly sorry for John he also states that as far as he was concern Kevin finally got the bill so he has always had some sort of gripe against Kevin for some reason

IMHO although I used to respect Spike for what he achieved with Samuri and bear in mind this was all prior to the internet so was all done by trial and error and for his time he was very very good at what he produced at that time, He has now seemed to have turned into a vindictive bitter man as he got older and I just wonder if other people are involved in the production of a new book.

It also amazes me how someone who was dire at paperwork and records can as the years pass remember more and more alleged details of what cars he worked on and various other details and smacks of possible outside influence

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Just maybe Spike has seen the light and hopes from any money he makes from a new book he can pay the monies owing to various companies and his share of the monies he owed to the Inland revenue when he ran off to Spain with £700 in his pocket

He writes in his first book that after a couple months in Spain he heard that Kevin Irons and John Lloyd had been approached by the IR demanding the outstanding monies owed to them and although Spike writes that he felt particularly sorry for John he also states that as far as he was concern Kevin finally got the bill so he has always had some sort of gripe against Kevin for some reason

IMHO although I used to respect Spike for what he achieved with Samuri and bear in mind this was all prior to the internet so was all done by trial and error and for his time he was very very good at what he produced at that time, He has now seemed to have turned into a vindictive bitter man as he got older and I just wonder if other people are involved in the production of a new book.

It also amazes me how someone who was dire at paperwork and records can as the years pass remember more and more alleged details of what cars he worked on and various other details and smacks of possible outside influence

I agree, I couldn't have put it better Steve.

grb184

Club Member
Gosh, that does seem to be the rantings of a bitter man doesn't it.

What still amazes me is that despite after 25 years of silence and suddenly remembering more 'true facts' about in period details, the supposed register is still a joke. Most of the cars are recorded under incorrect ownership and JD Classics are still undertaking a restoration of Big Sam..?

Indeed SS00022 has two entries each with a different registration number!

And the new picture from the front cover of the book looks remarkably like one of mine from Donington a couple of years ago, reproduced without my permission :EXTRArolleyes:

Cheers,

JK
You must have been standing next to me Jonathan!IMG_0302.JPG

Paul_S

Club Member
I love that pic!

This one (on the Samuri site gallery) makes me wince a bit. I think the Z deserved a bigger trailer.

238.jpg_l.jpg

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
When all's said and done the vast majority of the cars have changed considerably since the 70s and some weren't even in the country then (never mind been to the Samuri workshop at Silverstone).

Even the famous race cars e.g. Big Sam have a complicated history.

I think the most original Samuri is probably Mr Ex Junior's car.

This is the same with a lot of Classic Cars of course.

Regardless of all the handbags-at-dawn drama associated with Samuri, what a brilliant day that was at Donington. That line up was fantastic.

Yes it was. Shame Spike didn't come.