Speedo nut!

ozting

Well-Known Forum User
Hi I'm looking for some help and thought maybe someone might know the answer here.

I have a speed cable problem and I am having one made up specially to suit my car. The speedo is stock but I have a cosworth T5 gearbox. My next issue is getting the old cable out its so tight on the speedo itself that I think I'm going to have to take the dash out to free it but the person making the cable needs to know the thread size of the kneeled nut that goes to the back of the speedo as apparently there could be 3 options.
( added pic).
If someone knows the answer it would be a big help as he could be making it up for me while I'm fighting with the dash to get the other one out. Its a 1971 240z.
Also someone may know if they changed the thread size for the 260 speedo as I think this car has a 260z dash.

Any help would be much appreciated.

thanks Austin IMG_8216.jpg

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
I think you can remove the speedo without taking the dash out. One screw in front of the glass and one underneath the dash. The FSM has pics I think.

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
If you haven't already, I would also remove the steering wheel for better access / maintaining your sanity!