Speedhunters article: Rocky Autos S30 with carbed RB30

Ian

Club Member
I'm not a huge fan of the colour, but other than thats its great.

Its definitly a swap I'd consider instead of an RB26DETT because I love NA engines.

Craig_260

Well-Known Forum User
i have this as my wallpaper i personally really love it. Rocky auto are one of my favourite tuning companies. I used to have the same wheels minus the dish on my civic the TE37's by Volk

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Not keen on the carbon vinyl wrap,love the engine bay and the minus front radiator supports,i like the interior door handle !!!

No Hands

Well-Known Forum User
I am not a big fan of cars without interior but i love this one, color is nice, it looks "mean" or something.
I have an rb25 NA waiting to get in my Z, i just love this :D

Ian

Club Member
I think the carbon wrap would look much better if it looked shiny instead of matt, it would just look like a grey car then until you got up closer.

No Hands

Well-Known Forum User
Grey is good, the carbon is ugly, never understand why people put carbon wrap on anything, if you want to use carbon use real carbon, you only make things heavier if you fake carbon.

I like the carbon wrap, you can get the 3m dinoc stuff in artic white and metallic grey, the grey is great and gives a nice texture in most light.

Also to add wrapping a car is cheaper than painting, keeps weather/salt off it too. Adds less weight than paint also.

No Hands

Well-Known Forum User
I dont think people grind off all paint to the bare metal and then wrap a car. And i dont think its a lot cheaper than paint, still have to do the same preparations as you should when painting a car. and paint keeps of weather and salt too if applied properly.

You don't have to do any preparations at all, apart from clean and dry, covers a 1000 sins. You can wrap a whole car for £200 yourself, £400 for the Dinoc stuff.

No Hands

Well-Known Forum User
i guess the complete surface of the car has to be spotless or any little dent or crack in old paint will appear in the wrapping vinyl. or will it cover up all of that?