Spanking 280zx for sale at a bargain £5.5k

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Fellas,

I met a member who doesn't use the web forum with the cleanest most original red 280zx I have ever seen. He wants 5.5k for his 280zx to clear space in garage and funds to start his other projects. He's getting time wasters calling him. One said to him isn't the pristine red interior a bit garish!? Anyone own a shotgun they won't mind lending out!?

If anyone is interested I would be delighted to put him in touch.

I cannot tell you how amazing this car is for the money given the mongrels that are advertised for double that price. And oh my God she goes well, not to mention sounding super smooth and burbly!!

ec359937f500949efdce2a4e25b487fe.jpg

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
John Peeks excellent 280ZX and agree it is an amazing example
Who eve decides to buy it will be over the moon with it

candy red

Club Member
Looks very nice and although the 280zx doesn't seem to to sell for good money I would say
it is still cheap for what looks like a great car ,that will only go up in value as there aren't many good example 280zx out there and would spend more than that to restore one to a good standard.

Derrick ;)

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
I say this sincerely, if I had the space to store it, I'd buy it tomorrow!!

What Derrick says is so true - you won't find one in this condition again at this price and they will only go up in value from here.

Oh for a bigger garage!!! :(

pmac

Well-Known Forum User
. One said to him isn't the pristine red interior a bit garish!? Anyone own a shotgun they won't mind lending out!?
He has IMO a very valid point.Im in agreement too. The red interor is very garish. The red dash is verging on the hideous..

And oh my God she goes well,
Once again Im not in agreement.
The 280ZX 2+2 in targa form is a heavy ponderous beast with very modest performance.
Imagine what the engine would feel like in a lighter S30???

they will only go up in value from here.
Mere speculation based on your opinion.
The 280ZX 2+2 has languished in the doldrums for a couple of decades without achieving anything other than a very limited following at modest prices.
Its not a given by any means that its going to change dramatically.

For sure its a nice clean example but............................

No disrespect to the current owner. This is just a car forum where opinions on cars an be aired that dont relate to the owner as a person.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
People buy 'em because they'll enjoy them and they're not expensive and not because it's going to go up in value.

pmac

Well-Known Forum User
People buy 'em because they'll enjoy them and they're not expensive and not because it's going to go up in value.

Agree completely.Its a cheap classic car.
It wasnt me who said "they will only go up in value from here. " it was Ali

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Plenty of hair on my chest, hence a z with open shirt and medallion suits me well. ;)

Having seen the car in the flesh, I gotta say, the red interior seriously suits the car and the time period it's from I.e the 80's, the time of absolute extravagance, shoulder pads, big hair, yuppies, anything loud in colour!!

I know what you're saying Mr Mac, but a rising tide lifts all - given z values and where they are heading, they are bound to have an effect on the 280zx (IMO of course) - hell just look at property prices in Streatham and Brixton. They went up not because they were desirable or great areas but because everything else near them became unaffordable!

I'll have a little side bet with you; let's revisit this thread again in 3 years' time!

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
I know what you're saying Mr Mac, but a rising tide lifts all - given z values and where they are heading, they are bound to have an effect on the 280zx (IMO of course)

I'll have a little side bet with you; let's revisit this thread again in 3 years' time!

I don't think so - I agree with Uncle Pete so yes, lets, all IYO of course......:rolleyes:

candy red

Club Member
The 280zx is less desirable to the 260z as the 260z is to the 240z but still i do think the prices will rise on the 280zx in the UK due to the fact that there are less rhd 240 /260zs in the market place and also because the price of 240z and 260zs are going out of peoples reach,therefore they might end up buying a 280zx to get the next best thing that they can afford due to supply and demand prices will go up IMO

but i would say that :lol::p

Derrick ;)

Pete

Well-Known Forum User
To be fair the red velour is beyond garish, it is however fantastic in a way that only a red velour interior could be.

Pete

Well-Known Forum User
KSR142X, white/red interior, pulled off my driveway in nearly two bits by Duncan Z-farm.Ahh.....memories.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
..... i do think the prices will rise on the 280zx in the UK due to the fact that there are less rhd 240 /260zs in the market place and also because the price of 240z and 260zs are going out of peoples reach,therefore they might end up buying a 280zx to get the next best thing that they can afford due to supply and demand prices will go up IMO

I believe that we're seeing more and more (especially RHD) Zs come onto the market and your second point is only valid if people are desperate to have a Datsun Z/ZX - if someone's looking for a sportive-ish 2+2 from the same era, there are many choices out there with which the ZX must compete for attention....the 240Zs' competitors now are becomming VERY expensive which becomes a factor in their desirability over and above comparisons between Datsun models.

I still agree with Uncle Pete - ZXs'll never increase in value - enjoy 'em for what they are and beware how much you spend on them - eh Andy Minto:thumbs: !

Arkwright

Inactive
No matter what colour the dashboard is the fact is that car is worth every penny. John has always looked after it and it is in lovely condition. The price is right and it needs an enthusiast to snap it up. The value WILL increase in time. Bear in mind that 240's and 260's are rapidly rising in price, out of the pockets of many young enthusiasts and the ZX is next in line. This car will never decrease in value and you could buy it on your credit card. I say jump in with both feet. It's a poor mans Z but will turn heads at shows just as a 240 / 260 would and for a lot less money.