Spamming

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
This site has become plagued by spam generated by the forums' own members !

There are inane comments throughout the forum which would better be kept to PMs, personal emails, the chat room and the subject space 'Everything and Anything'.

I like a laugh as well but it's getting difficult to navigate through the rough and keept to the path of each subject. I seem to remember Burnsie asking everyone to try and keep to each subject, not hijacking threads etc;

Please make a big effort to keep the presentation of our site attractive to new browsers and interesting to existing members (newbies and oldies) !

JEZ 280ZX

Well-Known Forum User
"The Z Club forum would like to remind you that when posting to any thread other than "Anything and Everything" it is in the best interests of the forum and its users to keep your replies on topic.

Continued off topic replies, responses deemed inflammatory or the use of inappropriate language will be removed or censored by the Administrators, persistent breaches of this rule may result in the suspension of your account

Any harassment of other members will not be tolerated. Name calling, picking fights, etc. Do not make posts that incite arguments, or any post that turns to arguments and flame wars, etc. Posts of this nature will not be tolerated and can result in the immediate closing or deletion or editing of the post and the banishment of the posting members account."

..I think we said!;)
I suggest docking persistent offender's Post counts, by say 50-100 points for each offence!:D...those just posting the inane, looking to increase their totals, would soon find themselves on a minus figure!:p
Cheerz,
JEZ

abas

Well-Known Forum User
Personally, I think that a load of technical replies without the occasional bit of light relief would be pretty yawn inducing.

Has it really got that out of hand? Why try to make people post in a different way to how they communicate otherwise, as when talking face to face to someone it is natural to crack the occasional joke now and then.

My opinion

Andrew

Tony 260Z

Club Member
I think we need to re-establish the happy median we used to have. Too much tech is indeed a bit dull, but so is too much pointless chatter and waffle. It's a self-policing issue rather than big-brother I hope.

TL

suzy

Well-Known Forum User
aren't we all as bad as each other, sometimes a thread just sparks something off like any old conversation. Look at "cute French Girl" which is now a thread about vans (I do worry!!) which even Sean has joined in on and it's his thread.

It happens sometimes and yes we don't want it to get out of hand, we should keep to the subject, but (IMHO) a little light relief is not the end of the world as long as it is not after every single post.

JEZ 280ZX

Well-Known Forum User
Hi,
Generally the site does run quite smoothly, but there has had to be some intervention lately...hopefully it's all settled down now.
The trouble with this type of forum is that you can't read the other person's face like you would when talking normally...and things get mis-interpreted!
Best, on the whole, to keep the tech talk in the technical threads and the chatter in 'everything and anything' type threads.There's nothing worse than asking for help on the forum and logging on later to find several replies to your post...only to find they're just people having a general natter about something else!;)
Cheerz,
JEZ

JEZ 280ZX

Well-Known Forum User
Originally posted by suzy
aren't we all as bad as each other, sometimes a thread just sparks something off like any old conversation. Look at "cute French Girl" which is now a thread about vans (I do worry!!) which even Sean has joined in on and it's his thread.

It happens sometimes and yes we don't want it to get out of hand, we should keep to the subject, but (IMHO) a little light relief is not the end of the world as long as it is not after every single post.

Hi,
Some threads, like Seans in "anything and everything", do develop naturally into something entirely different and as long as the original poster isn't bothered, then it isn't such a problem!....Now, let's talk about van chassis's!:D
Cheerz,
JEZ

DJZ 60

Well-Known Forum User
Thank you all for your kind word's. Point taken, accepted & I as alway's admit to my inane input. Don't dock my post count's,
please,as although it may seem like mass production,It certainly
drain's the soul.Cute girl's,van's,pink glove's & other merriment's,
are all there,along with the wealth of other bit's.
The Club Forum,comes first ,above else & in my case,I do
admit to getting easily fed up of repetitive technical information,
which is on site if one is prepared to look.
I must admit , hat's off to those member's that keep sane
amongst all this,that mean's you dearest Andrew,& well,I,m
going to get a big roll of 'gaffa' tape & seal my gob up,as I cant
seem to please,whatever I post.
The other,& main point that all should heed,especially the
'technical wisebird's' is that you should give space to the new
& younger member's who,whatever they may be doing,are
learning in the process.Encouragement,support,& advice even if
you think,they are wrong or doing something unheard of.
I like everyone,every single member,because it's like a team
,cast or work environment where everyone has their place.
Finally, Z club rating's are higher than 'Eastender's'.
DJZ 60.

grolls

Well-Known Forum User
if every body was 100% straight down the line what a boring site this would be....and not too soon an empty one.....light hearted banter and chat aswell as the odd arguments make a site!

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
It's simple guys and galls, the technical bitz are for the tech stuff and if a 'chat' developes, state that you're moving it to anything and everything !
It is frustrating to rejoin a thread a while later and see a dozen or so replys with little or no relevance to the topic !

I agree on having a laugh and encouraging the newbies (be careful of condecension here, they're all big enough to look out for themselves - it's not a creche here !) but not nearly every time on nearly every thread !

grolls

Well-Known Forum User
never been that" frustrated" oh well i'll move this to chat if eny ones there!......lol

Wyn

Club Member
Originally posted by SeanDezart
This site has become plagued by spam generated by the forums' own members !

spam.gif

wasntme.gif
booby.gif
lol.gif

john-boy

Well-Known Forum User
Originally posted by SeanDezart
Cheap n'nasty, tasteless sandwich fillers !

But surely all meat is taken "pink" in France, Sean? Don't tell me le Spam et frites isn't on the cordon bleu menu!! ;)

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
If you want it, I can find a Routiers caf' who'll sell it but I bet it won't be far from Calais and all the beer buyers who travel back and forth !