South/South Central Xmas Meet 2012

Aceman

Well-Known Forum User
South/South Central Xmas Meet 2012 - Venue Confirmed

Last year I sorted out a meet at the Red Lion for the southerners, and have been asked again to sort something.

Looking at the following:

- The Good Intent, Puttenham (tastier food and a better pint you wont find anywhere else, plus the owner, Gavin, is a Japanese car fanatic, albeit mainly Toyotas..) at GU3 1AR. Just off the A31 so easy to get to.
- Saturday December 15th
- Mid afternoon time

Their xmas menu isn't up yet, but it's due up next week so will know more about menus then. Car parking is plentiful, although some may go on the street. They often open up a field for overflow, so if we get a good response I'll ask if we can have the field next door as a private parking for us. They can sit 30 together, so we should be ok numbers wise.

Anyone interested thus??

1. Aceman
2. Aceman's better half
3. MadMarco
4. MadMarco's better half
5. Steve Burns (In Spirit, not person)

PS: Like many Xmas bookings, I may need to pay a deposit for this (I didn't at the Red Lion last year but they're fellow rotary fanatics and, likely, I shall be without my wankel so will only get jealous if I see lots of other RX7s..) but I know the landlord (Japanese cars will get you knowing a lot of useful people) so might be ok. As such, make sure you're definite as once I firm up the booking I'll be forking out a deposit and will hound you if you don't pay up!! :)

PPS: This is the master list (zclub.net), although I will extend it to zxclub.net and ask Martin (it's usually you!) to extend to the 350zclub.net too, but I will run off this site (so no name on here, no place at the table :) )

EDIT:

Venue is now booked for 13:30 arrival on Saturday 15th December.

They are going to let me know when the menu choices are online so I can get these from everyone for the booking.

They are also, with enough attendance, willing to open the adjacent field so we have our own Datsun parking area :)

Last edited by a moderator:
M

madmarco

Sign me up! Will try to bring the other (better) half also. Just keep the cidre hidden!

Nice touch with the facebook page.

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
woop woop woop
Just had a look at the pub and looks great
Was just about to add my name to the list but just had a phone call from Charing Cross Hospital 10 minutes ago and an even bigger WOOP WOOP WOOP and found out I will not be able to make this

Just asked if I am available for my knee replacement op on the 23rd November and after a six monthish wait jumped ( if only could) at the chance and will not be recovered in time to come along

Will be at home recovering from this and will sink a couple of beers pretending I am there with you

Aceman

Well-Known Forum User
Menu choices are up finally!!

I need to pay a £5 a head deposit, so please only confirm menu choices if you are coming along!

Starter

• Chef’s Homemade Carrot and Coriander Soup
  • Deep Fried Calamari with garlic mayonnaise
  • Melon with fruit coulees and port
  • Pate de Maison with toast
  • Prawn salad with mayonnaise and brown bread

Main Course

• Roast Norfolk turkey with traditional trimmings
  • Veal Escalope “Cordon Bleu”
  • Grilled Sea Bass with parsley sauce
  • Steak & Kidney Pie
  • Steak & Ale Pie
  • Pork Steak Milanese with pasta and bacon paprika sauce

All served with a selection of seasonal vegetables

Desserts

• Sticky Toffee Pudding
  • Bread and Butter Pudding
  • Profiteroles
  • Ice Cream
  • Cheese and Biscuits

For two courses £16 per head, three courses £20 per head..

Last edited by a moderator:

Aceman

Well-Known Forum User
Oh, I ideally need menu choices by mid November to 100% confirm the booking.

We have space reserved for 25 eating (plenty for a beer after and I should be able to add more if needed) but it's filling up! 10 already gone through PMs and Facebook so get in quick people!!

M

madmarco

Marco -
Calamari, Turkey, Sticky Pudding
Maria -
Soup, Sea Bass, Profiteroles