Some of the pictures taken of my 240z by Practical Classics

madda

Well-Known Forum User
I thoroughly enjoyed the day, it was great fun actually driving the cars hard rather than just finding pretty locations to take the photographs.

I hope you all like the pics.

On another note, all the British cars were scary above 50mph whilst the 240 genuinely lapped up unmentionable speeds and some lovely corners at the location, Fish Hill.

andrew muir

Club Member
Lovely looking car!:thumbs:
These cars (s30s) were ahead of their time in my opinion.
What makes the plates illegal, look ok to me?

RichZ

Club Member
Fish hill is a great bit of road and at the top there is a view point with a cafe which is nice, would recommend.. Been up and down it a few times in my Z and on my bike. Just got to watch out for over enthusiastic mopeders as one nearly took out a friend on his s1000rr a while back! Great photos :thumbs:

Mr Ex Jnr

Club Member
like the pictures bought the magazine few weeks ago when laid up in hospital

and this says why dvla says

"Vehicles manufactured after 1 January 1973, must display number plates of:
- reflex-reflecting material;
- white background at the front of the vehicle and a yellow background at the rear of the vehicle; and
- the characters must be black.

madda

Well-Known Forum User
Some great pics there .... I like the 240z in the white. Not sure about the illegal plate, mind!

Sometimes, just sometimes I really struggle to sleep at night thinking about all the babies that are put at risk by my numberplate. Somehow, I battle through.

Lovely looking car!:thumbs:
These cars (s30s) were ahead of their time in my opinion.
What makes the plates illegal, look ok to me?

Completely agree, they are worlds apart from their British competitors, which is what makes them so special.

The rear plate space doesn't house a full size two line UK plate, and a normal one line plate looks **** IMO. The one on there doesn't (quite) have legal size lettering. Also M reg using black plates is debatable, but the cut off is year of manufacture as far as I am concerned.

Anyone else, please don't tell me any different and let this thread spiral into a willy waving numberplate debate, there are already plenty on here :smash:

status

Well-Known Forum User
I'm so sorry to hear you have trouble sleeping at night worrying about your number plate,thus the petty world we live in,Nuff said,

uk66fastback

Club Member
Silver and black plates on an M reg car just look 'wrong' to me ... doesn't matter whether they're illegal or not to me. That's what I should have said!

Done it myself on earlier cars ...

MikeB

Well-Known Forum User
Yes lovely car, looks good in amongst the Brit-mobiles and the German interloper ;)

samuri-240

Well-Known Forum User
Silver and black plates on an M reg car just look 'wrong' to me ... doesn't matter whether they're illegal or not to me. That's what I should have said!

Done it myself on earlier cars ...

I recon black & silver plates look great on any car. As for mis spaced so called private plates though thats really bad ! & if I was a copper I would go to town on the knobs, worst one I have ever seen was 5exy on a convertible 911 with a some bald headed bloke driving it :eek: :confused:

Do not like a long plate on the rear of an S30 though it needs to be squarish.

madda

Well-Known Forum User
Nice pics.

Did you grab a drive of the z3m coupe? They're proper fun!

Not that one, but have driven one before and I just don't like the engine note although I do agree, they are a good drive on the limit.

When I want to go fast and have fun I take this monstrosity out :driving: Shamefully I haven't used it yet this year.

Red7

Well-Known Forum User
Great pics and a Lovely looking 240Z, I had a white one back in the day, brings back some good memories :)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    126.6 KB · Views: 34

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Yes the Z is more modern and I'm sure drives better as they concluded.

I do like the other cars though but the GT6 is small isn't it?

Amazingly the English cars are 2+2s.

I'm old enough to know people who had new MGCs and GT6s at the time when they were current. I didn't know anyone with a 240 though.

Air filter box is cut short.