Sold my 260Z

RIDDLER

Well-Known Forum User
Well, today I sold my beloved 260Z.
It was the weirdest feeling. I felt like I was betraying my loyal and faithful servant that had given me hours of pleasure and never let me down. I have had some amazing times with it, not least the James May/Damon Hill experience you all know about.
As I watched it drive away down the street I am not ashamed to admit I had a big lump in my throat - but then I am a bit of a soppy old tart when it comes to my cars.
So why did I sell it? Well I have owned the car for six years, have covered over 30,000 miles in it and felt I had truly experienced Z ownership.
The new owner - Tim, a lovely guy who I am sure will be on this forum before too long - made me an offer for it I could not refuse. I won't say how much because that is for him to reveal should he choose to do so, But I was happy with the price and he seemed very happy with the car.
And with the money, I will now go on to purchase other cars I have always dreamed of owning. There are so many cars out there I would like to drive before I shuffle off this mortal coil.
I have still got my Rover 3500S but have already got my eyes on another machine.
Obviously I won't be on the forum so much now I no longer have my Z but I will keep you posted if (or more likely when) I buy another car.
So it's goodbye from me (for now). I would like to thank the many members on here who have helped me over the years and whom I have got to know and, in many cases, met. For the most part, you really are a great bunch of guys - so keep on enjoying your Zs!

Jimbo

1978 260z in yellow
Club Member
sad news riddler but i wish you the best and have fun with your next motor.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Well I was involved in this sale and to be honest it's a win win.

Over the period I have known RIDDLER we have become mates and I met Tim at an auction.

Tim was mad keen on becoming an S30 owner and RIDDLER is a pure Classic Car enthusiast and driver. So they can both move on and enjoy the adventure.

I know how you felt RIDDLER, these cars serve you well.

candy red

Club Member
Good to have met you Rob and to have seen you car had a great night out with our mini meet
hope you've made the right decision, sure you have as you've enjoyed the 260z doing more miles than most would do if they owned them 20 years :bow: good luck with your new classic cars.

Regards Derrick :)

chrisvega

Well-Known Forum User
Well done on the sale Rob but sad you are leaving the fold. Keep us posted on what you buy next and make sure your cupboard is well stocked with medication to combat the Z withdrawal symptoms :eek:

RIDDLER

Well-Known Forum User
Thanks for all the great comments. Last pic of my Z before it was driven away.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 88

uk66fastback

Club Member
Sorry to hear it's sold Rob, but happy that you sold it (if you get me) ...

Sure looks lovely in that late afternoon light ... colour looks deeper if anything. Lovely condition car and so pleased you enjoyed owning one. Nothing's worse than a car that stresses you out (unless it's a woman, maybe) and sounds like the car was no stress and always a pleasure to drive. 30k is a fair few miles. Keep us posted on what's next ...

toopy

Club Member
Better to have loved and lost, than to not of loved at all!

in other words, sad to see the Z go, but it was fun, and now there's other tin to fettle :thumbs:

on a personal level, i could never sell my Z, ive had it a year longer than my first child.. and he's now 20!
I fully intend for it to be mentioned in my will ;)

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
You leave me ALL yours and I'll leave you mine - you clogg it before me anyway - rock stars don't live long.

status

Well-Known Forum User
Can't leave you all my Zeds,that's two for the price of one on your side,and it's rock god to you sir

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Haven't seen your second one so as an unknown quantity...and the other was restored years ago so must be tired by now - against a spanking, brand new passion wagon.....mon dieu !

status

Well-Known Forum User
My other Zed doesn't come into it and the 260 had a paint job,that ain't wot I call a restore and it still looks like it did when you last see it,good paint job as time is the proof

RIDDLER

Well-Known Forum User
Sorry to hear it's sold Rob, but happy that you sold it (if you get me) ...

Sure looks lovely in that late afternoon light ... colour looks deeper if anything. Lovely condition car and so pleased you enjoyed owning one. Nothing's worse than a car that stresses you out (unless it's a woman, maybe) and sounds like the car was no stress and always a pleasure to drive. 30k is a fair few miles. Keep us posted on what's next ...
I have enjoyed reading, and agreed with, most of your posts on here over the years. Thanks for your nice comments. Viewed a Dolomite Sprint today . . . but didn't buy it.

status

Well-Known Forum User
Be careful with those if you are considering one,I had two in the past,same 0-60 times as a 240,all the fords have gone silly prices,the BL cars not as bad,

TimW

Club Member
Hello Peeps,

I’m Tim, the new owner of RIDDLER’s 260z.

Well, I picked up the car on Friday and already done 450 odd miles :)

I’m as “Happy as Larry”, it’s an absolute joy to drive, didn’t miss a beat on motorway, country roads and in traffic in London. Each journey was way too short.. haha.

I hope to be an active member of the club. My goal is to own two Z’s, one original and the other a project car. My journey starts with getting to know Z’s through ownership of RIDDLER’s car and will likely start (as it’s been a daily driver) with some cosmetic tidying of the engine bay in the coming weeks.

RIDDLER, as mentioned, anytime you get withdrawal give me a bell and we can meet up. You can be happy to know the 260z will be cherished and maintained in the same fashion and driven often. I took out 7K miles per year on the insurance and European breakdown cover .. Keep us posted on progress of your “car bucket list”.. We think the same cars so it would be cool to hear what you end up with next.

“A Special thanks to Rob” for putting us in touch and making this deal happen... When you have some time I'll wing my way up.