SOLD: Datsun RHD Coupe Manual Fairlady 240 Z 260Z

Healey 12

Club Member
For Sale is my Datsun S30 Coupe RHD manual. It is a Fairlady really, but DVLA have issued a V5 as a 260Z . I have owned it for over a year and is UK registered with all taxes paid.

I bought the car from the USA where it had been since around 1990. From the paperwork I have it seems the car was owned by a serving Sargant in the USA army stationed in Japan, who shipped the car back to the USA around 1990 when they returned home, the Sargant owned the car till around 1996 and then sold it to the person whose name was still on the American title when I bought it last year.

Being a Fairlady it falls between a 240z and 260z but with some unique features which it still has. Like passenger footrest, rubber boot mat and different fittings for the seats so they can be moved closer to the Dashboard

Before I bought the car it has had a what seems like a full mechanical makeover. All new fluids for engine and radiator, brake master cylinder looks new, as do the fuel lines. Road springs and shocks also look very new. The car has been fitted with an L28 engine which sounds lovely and 5 speed gearbox.

Body wise which we all know with these cars is the most important thing. the boot floor is complete rot free, as are the sills, chassis rails, passenger footwell and inner front wings, drivers’ foot well has had a small patch welded in but other than that all good.

Interior has new carpets and the seats look all good, one small crack on the dash, driver’s seat belt not fitted. centre console and door trims all in great condition.

Paint is probably the worst bit with the roof needing painting the rest is in ok condition but not by any means showroom condition, it has been previously painted as the exterior is dark grey with the inside, engine bay silver.

I am bringing out of storage tomorrow and will upload more photos then . I have been advised best place to sell is E bay

Attachments

• IMG_5225.png
    IMG_5225.png
    354.2 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_5056.JPG
    IMG_5056.JPG
    229.3 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_5057.JPG
    IMG_5057.JPG
    250.9 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_5061.JPG
    IMG_5061.JPG
    341.4 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_5095.JPG
    IMG_5095.JPG
    195.6 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_5126.JPG
    IMG_5126.JPG
    394.6 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_5222.JPG
    IMG_5222.JPG
    412.5 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_5223.JPG
    IMG_5223.JPG
    403.6 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_5224.JPG
    IMG_5224.JPG
    339.5 KB · Views: 85

Paul_S

Club Member
This afternoon I had a conversation with my other half, saying how I can't pass on this car.

She pointed out that I should finish out 240Z first.

I tried to explain that it can never be finished.

I somehow lost this argument so, despite logic, I can't make an offer.

Gutted!

Good luck with the sale :)

Healey 12

Club Member
This afternoon I had a conversation with my other half, saying how I can't pass on this car.

Gutted!

Thanks. . I usually work on the principal with my misses and ask for forgiveness ., but sometimes it she doesn't give it :( in fact a lot of the time

Healey 12

Club Member

Gutted!

thanks and I know the feeling I sometimes ask for forgiveness ;)

IbanezDan51

Well-Known Forum User
I’ll give you 18k

Just as a reference and probably way off the mark but at least you know what it’s worth more than 🙂

Dan

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
S30 0109 what does that tell you please
Just S30, no other letters ? Probably my ignorance (cue Albrecht) however I thought all JDM Zs with that dash and ventilation controls were S31 code types.
Is it me or is the choke lever mounted inversely ?

Mark N

Club Member
Just S30, no other letters ? Probably my ignorance (cue Albrecht) however I thought all JDM Zs with that dash and ventilation controls were S31 code types.
Weren't S31s from mid 76 onwards?

Last edited:

Healey 12

Club Member
the Choc
The choke is not connected so maybe fitted incorrect . The car also has an oil cooler mounted in front of the radiator and has air con . all the pipes, radiator but no compressor

Robotsan

Club Member
This car is a Nissan Fairlady Z-L 'Deluxe' model.
Japanese market models did not use the 'Datsun' name.

'S30-0109xx' would be a 1972 build date - clearly wrong in this car's case.

'S30-109xxx' would be a very late 1973 build date, so much more likely.

Which engine would the car originally have had from the factory in Japan? The 2.0l or L24?

Also would it originally have had 'fender' mirrors?

And is it true that the JDM cars had better rust protection due to Japan's climate?

Robotsan

Club Member
I think it would have been a 2.0 but I am ready to be corrected:) , Yes it has evidence of fender mirrors

I thought so too but I am also very ready to be corrected! 😂
Ah ok, evidence as in holes or as in noticeable filler?
Also just checking, the car is road worthy and ready to go right? Do you have the seatbelt and can it be fitted?