SOLD - Datsun 240Z RHD UK car For Sale

MaximG

Well-Known Forum User
Up for sale (SOLD) is my UK 1972 Datsun 240z £35000.

Tel: 07479926491 Loc: SG1

I have owned the car since April 2004 and have been a club member during this time. I have decided that the time has come for me to move the car on. No other reason than to move on to pastures new. It has been the subject of a full restoration over the years since purchase, most recently a full body restoration between 2014 to 2016. More recently a new S30 Garage reproduction fuel Tank in 2021, along with seats refurbished in leather.

Just to give a brief rundown of works completed over the years and by no means inclusive.

Complete replacement of passenger and driver floor and foot wells.

Replacement of all stainless steel bright work to original using OEM parts.

Full Engine rebuild using original block with reconditioned E88 head. Along with a 280zx Electronic Distributor and 280ZX Turbo oil pump.

Replacement of original mild steel exhaust with a Janspeed header and stainless steel exhaust.

The gearbox has been replaced with a later S14 box but a reconditioned original box is available if there is a desire to revert back.

The R180 Differential was subject to a rebuild during the 2014 to 16 works.

Complete strip down and rebuild of rear and front suspension replacing rubber bushes with polyurethane.

All break and fuel lines were replaced with Copper Nickel.

2014 to 2016 Works.

Strip Body to bare shell and remove old under seal.

Replace complete rear quarters, complete back panel front radiator support panel with Nissan new old stock parts.

Replace rear inner arches and outer sills.

Replace wings with new Nissan.

Replace Doors using Nissan reconditioned parts.

Repair, re polish and recondition Stainless door and window frames.

Full and complete respray.

Underseal and cavity wax all box sections.

Recondition engine bay components.

Replace switch gear (indicators, wiper, head light, horn) with Nissan new old stock parts, also windscreen wiper motor Nissan new old stock.

Re zinc plate parts to include door internals mechanisms, wiper arm mechanism and may other parts.

Replace head lining and vinyl interior.

Reconditioned and triple cored the radiator.

Recondition Steering rack and replaced front ball joints and steering arms.

Recondition Drive shafts.

I also have an extensive array of spares for the car which will be included with the sale. Many of with are hard to find, and or are no longer available. I will also include a break upgrade kit for the front that I put together during lockdown. It consists of R32 GTR callipers, vented discs and titanium calliper brackets.

Thanks for reading, Michael

IMG_2297 (Large).JPGIMG_2298 (Large).JPGIMG_2299 (Large).JPGIMG_2300 (Large).JPGIMG_2301 (Large).JPGIMG_2302 (Large).JPGIMG_2303 (Large).JPGIMG_2304 (Large).JPGIMG_2305 (Large).JPGIMG_2306 (Large).JPG

IMG_2297 (Large).JPGIMG_2298 (Large).JPGIMG_2299 (Large).JPGIMG_2300 (Large).JPGIMG_2301 (Large).JPGIMG_2302 (Large).JPGIMG_2303 (Large).JPGIMG_2304 (Large).JPGIMG_2305 (Large).JPGIMG_2306 (Large).JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Robotsan

Club Member
Blimey that's a lot of work. But the result is a perfect looking car, exactly what I would do - or exactly what I would buy if I had the money! Great price considering some of the stuff that's been for sale recently / is still for sale.

Faster Behr

Club Member
That’s a beautiful looking car and is a credit to you. Do you have any interior photos? Might help the cause.