SOLD: Anyone looking for a 280ZX to restore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

niroshann

Club Member
Please get in touch with me if you are seeking a decent project car to carry out a restoration on. I have a 1980 280ZX which I drive regularly but it is at a stage where it needs a strip down, blasting and bits of rust attending to. Solid underneath (restored in the 90s) but non structural rust needs doing.

I don’t want to sell this off to anyone - car will be tax and MOT free so technically it can be driven without any work doing to it but that’s not going to help the car. I am keen to try find the right home for it as the 280ZXs don’t get enough love! :280Z:

photos at:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/19-TeZruMcsVqDubekkk5KZygkJsfqfSh

status

Well-Known Forum User
Lots of people will say,shame it’s not a two seater,others inc myself prefer the T top but as it’s neither it’s probably not worth much which is a shame as I love the zx I’ve had two, admittedly just to smoke around in but still nice cars to drive,wot are you expecting to get for it

niroshann

Club Member
Interesting as I have heard that the slick top is rarer and preferred by some. I have a 280zx targa myself while it is fun to have the removable tops I like the overall shape of the earlier series of hard top 280zx. I cannot keep both cars hence the predicament.

always loved the 2+2 and absolutely love driving these cars! :driving:

Ped

Club Member
I have seen Niro's car and it's as he describes. Needs work, but it is all there. Certainly worth considering as a restoration, I reckon it's financially viable too. The value of these cars has increased considerably in the last few years, and there really aren't many around.

Fish1234

Active Forum User
Lots of people will say,shame it’s not a two seater,others inc myself prefer the T top but as it’s neither it’s probably not worth much which is a shame as I love the zx I’ve had two, admittedly just to smoke around in but still nice cars to drive,wot are you expecting to get for it
Would you stay away from a 280 zx Janspeed turbo that's offered here?

status

Well-Known Forum User
Yeah,I prefer the T top or. 240-260,I’ve had a couple of 280 zx s to smoke around in in the past although I loved driving them they were not worth much then and not worth much now compared to a 240-260,I nearly went for one that came up for sale a while ago,was in good nick and sensibly priced,not like some that ask silly money,hence they are still for sale but yeah the are getting rare now days

Status
Not open for further replies.