SOLD: 260z '73 Ex LHD now RHD

johnymd

Club Member
Time to sell the project I've been working on for some time now. I put the car on ebay and it came very close but didn't make the reserve I set. It bid up to £22670 which is not enough to buy the car. The car was built from a totally rust free shell that has never had any rust or repairs. The only welding it has ever had was to remove the marker lights and for the RHD conversion. The shell is in exceptional condition and has been fully sealed and cavity waxed everywhere. The arch lips were rolled before the car was painted. The car has had all the usual new parts such as: brake master cylinder and rear wheel cylinders, clutch master, slave and hose, trackrod ends, ball joints, all bushes, all weatherseals, front screen, wheels (8x15), tires (toyo 205/50), door locks, complete wiring, led headlights, door outer handles, seat belts, start, alternator, water pump, all hoses, fuel pump plus more I've probably forgotten about. Suspension is an old leda setup. Brakes are standard. Car will need a little bit of finishing (but nothing that's stopped me driving the car) and the interior is a little tatty in places. Paint is good but not high end show quality. Some of the panels look a slighting different shad in some lights and especially in pictures. I have booked the car in to have this rectified on 17th May and my expected sale price will go up accordingly after this is done. I do have a few people interested but most are a long way away and haven't committed to it. There are a few things that have played up since I've been using the car. Tacho sometimes reads very low and the fuel gauge reads high all the time (it was reading low). Dome light doesnt work and both kick panels are missing. Door dovetails and bump stops missing along with a few of the other rubber parts. Nothing major and nothing to stop you driving and enjoying the car. Suspension is pretty stiff although this could settle down after a bit more use. I've included a picture of the underside before it was painted just to show how good it was.

I'm looking for offers over £25k as the car will need a bit of finishing off. I do still think this is really cheap when you consider just how good this shell is but I'm always very realistic on car prices. If I have no interest then I'll get the panels matched and just enjoy the car for a while.

There are some videos of the car on my youtube channel which is thejohnymd.

ring me on 07785960533 to discus the car further.

Attachments

• IMG_6025.JPG
    IMG_6025.JPG
    368.6 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_6024.JPG
    IMG_6024.JPG
    412.8 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_6021.JPG
    IMG_6021.JPG
    451.2 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_6020.JPG
    IMG_6020.JPG
    416.1 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_6016.JPG
    IMG_6016.JPG
    202.2 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_6015.JPG
    IMG_6015.JPG
    152.2 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_6014.JPG
    IMG_6014.JPG
    185.6 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_6012.JPG
    IMG_6012.JPG
    360.5 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_6010.JPG
    IMG_6010.JPG
    331.7 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_2942.JPG
    IMG_2942.JPG
    288.8 KB · Views: 181

status

Well-Known Forum User
Thought you had a buyer for this Jon
Anyone after a Zed ,I’ve seen this in real life and it’s well worth a look and as you say jon it’s priced realistically and maybe worth more compared to some of the jokers asking prices we see

johnymd

Club Member
The guy in the unit opposite me has been following this build from the start. He convinced me to sell it to him a few months back before the car was finished. The problem is that he is not agile or built for speed. He struggled with how low the car was and he is not really into sporty cars. He has a very slow Mk1 cortina and this suit him perfectly. He very occasionally goes over 50mph. I persuaded him it wasn't his type of car and took it back.

Makesy

Club Member
Real beauty there @johnymd and from your other threads, I know you don't do things by halves.

Good luck with the sale - someone will really enjoy this!

status

Well-Known Forum User
All cortinas are slow even the lotus cortinas we muck about with,Think Jon has a point there,you just don’t want to give it up,like a labrador in a biscuit factory

johnymd

Club Member
Jon - Although the money would come in handy to keep the other projects moving, I would like to enjoy the car for at least a year or so. Just like I did with the red 280z. I covered nearly 10k miles in that car car with going to la mans then spa twice plus taking it round the Nurburgring. Once I had fully enjoyed the car I was ready to part with it and build another. I've yet to take this one to any shows.