SOLD: 1972 RB25 Datsun 240z

Jay.

Club Member
Hi guys,

I didn't think I'd ever come to sell this car, however I've come up against some large expenses that need to be paid and sadly the 240z just isn't getting the attention to warrant keeping it for now.

I'm at a crossroads where I can either spend a sum of money getting the car to exactly where I want, or I need to move it on and let someone else enjoy it. Currently I'm stuck in the middle and doing neither.

The car is a longterm 'rolling project' - it certainly isn't close to perfect but it runs well and has given me almost 5 years of happy driving. The project diary outlines most of the areas of concern, although sadly I haven't been as good at keeping it updated as I'd like.

The project diary:

Work that has been done:

RB25DET engine from an R33 (1995) Skyline GTST has been fitted, along with the RB25DET gearbox.
Custom driveshaft.
R180 diff.
Standard stub axles into standard suspension components.
BC Coilovers, 3 way adjustable. Welded onto 240z hubs.
300zx electric seats.
ZG body flares, air dam and spoiler
Momo Heritage Prototipo steering wheel
New interior carpets
Full Dynamat-style sound deadening
Rota RB 17" Wheels.
Full disc brake conversion

The car colour is from a late 1990's Toyota Supra - called Royal Sapphire Blue. The car is supposed to be inspired from the 1990's Japanese anime "Wangan Midnight" main character, the "Devil Z"

The car looks fantastic in person and photographs well, but it is by no means a show car. The following things are on my "to do" list

Work required:

Some rust repair is required, as can be seen on my thread:
LHS outer sill has gone, and likely inner too. Some areas towards the rear of the floor pan have also got
Small rust bubbles at the bottom of each door.
As per the thread - I have repair panels for extensive repair in case this goes deeper than it looks, this includes ~£1,000 repair panels from KF Vintage & APS

The paintwork is a DIY job, so if you were looking for perfection then I'd get the car done once the above works are done. There are a few scratches on a door, and I dropped the bonnet which chipped the paint on the corner and cracked some of the paintwork. The front air dam has taken its fair share of stones.

Dash is cracked. I have a replacement dash (which annoyingly has 1 small crack). I have also currently got a dash cap cover over it (although not stuck down).

There are many small jobs that would need to be addressed:

• Rubber welting has dried up and could do with being replaced.
  • Rubber seal on the hatch has become unstuck, would require gluing back in
  • 12v cig supply
  • Radio doesn't turn on
  • Windscreen washers are currently unplumbed

If anyone is seriously interested then please message me to discuss.

bNjljK3.png

Located in Oxfordshire,

SOLD SUBJECT TO PAYMENT.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jay.

Club Member
Thanks all, it was a fun little car. I clearly priced it too low as I've had multiple people sending me PMs asking to pay the asking price (and more!) despite the advert only being posted here.

Oh well. I will begin an updated thread soon with my new project!

Jay.

Club Member
That sold quickly! Yours was one of the first RB threads I read (and enjoyed). Will the new owner be on here?

I don't believe so - I did tell him about it, and he does own a few Datsun's already, but I didn't get the impression he was going to be. Probably for the best, I'd struggle to see it on here!

Sorry to see it go Jay, can always pop around for a 'fix' if you need to :rofl:

I will take you up on that!

Oh what a shame I was so inspired by that car.
Thanks, it was a great car. It did need some work doing, and I tried being as honest as I can (partly to try and put off the sale!), but it seems to have gone to a good guy who's looking to make it what it deserved to be.