SOLD: 1972 Datsun 240Z - Very original

s2k_adz

Club Member
Hey guys,

I've decided to sell one of my Datsuns. I bought the car around 4 months ago off a forum member on here as Im in the middle of a 7 year so far restoration on my 260Z and I'd never actually driven one. I thought this might get my arse into gear to carry on working on it! It's now shown me I do definitely need a Z in my life so I'm now selling as it's taking up all the garage room.

The car is all super original and drives well. Itt was sold to me as basically rust free but on closer inspection I've poked a few small holes in the floor. I think they could be patched rather than a floor replacement but other than that it really is very clean and rust free in all the places they generally aren't!

I have added a boot rubber and door rubbers as it was minus this when I got it.

Please see the advert for more details on it and photos!

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1180697

I paid £15200 for the car. Based on the floor I know I probably won't get that back now but I'd like as close as possible.

Mr Ex Jnr

Club Member
This was litrerlly 5mins down the road from my house this 240z

Never got to see it running or anything Mark last bloke who sold it to you

Went may times noosey around at it never got to have good look around her :(

s2k_adz

Club Member
Saw this on eBay, last week, did it sell?

It got to 14300 but I've not heard from the winner so I still have it.

Yea Mark is the guy Chris. He sold as they were emmigrating. I'm still waiting for some bits he promised me actually. If you're reading this Mark as another reminder!

Mr Ex Jnr

Club Member
I was hoping we could have gone out in them together but he took longer than expected getting her ready for the road then he was selling it next :(

Bazzateer

Club Member
It got to 14300 but I've not heard from the winner so I still have it.
Probably the same T**t who was the highest bidder on my 36k miles from new 1969 Singer Vogue last week. Never bothered to arrange a viewing then reckons he shouldn't have to buy a car he's never seen.

uk66fastback

Club Member
Probably the same T**t who was the highest bidder on my 36k miles from new 1969 Singer Vogue last week. Never bothered to arrange a viewing then reckons he shouldn't have to buy a car he's never seen.

Ooo, need to see a pic or two of that - got a link to the auction?

uk66fastback

Club Member
Lovely stuff, thanks. Car looks excellent. Reason I was so interested is that my first car was a '69 G reg 1725cc Hunter in the green equivalent of this blue. And very nice it was (in 1980). Scrapped in '84 though, shame as it was low mileage like yours ... I think after I sold it for £200 the heater matrix went and something else broke and it was just 'an old car with a hole in the wing' (from memory), so was scrapped. LDO 585G RIP.

Bazzateer

Club Member
I also have a 67 version in very faded burgundy. Much rougher to look at but mostly solid, needs some welding underneath (all panels included) which will be going on eBay eventually also. Need to make space for my Z in the garage!

s2k_adz

Club Member
Haha no worries. Unfortunately mine isn't sold!

Still available and open to very sensible offers. Not like the idiot that just rang and offered 10k!

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Well, from the photos and assuming the rust situation is not of great concern, that seems like a bargain project at £15k - given what others have sold for of late. [emoji106]

I’m frankly amazed someone would dream you would take £10k.

Good luck and I hope she finds a good home soon. Not many decent starting point projects out there at sensible prices, so you should be able to resell.

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Ps. Did this happen?
19b1b3606c2adb7721bdfb9c9ec45fee.jpg

s2k_adz

Club Member
Thanks bud. Like I say I am aware I'll probably lose a little on the car as the floor issue wasn't something I knew when I bought it. But its a good solid base theres really not many unrestored ones this good.

People seem to not realise you can put 5k plus easy into a car just on welding bits so cheapef ones dont always work once you've done it all

And that's exactly it