SOLD: 1971 DATSUN 240Z RHD UNFINISHED PROJECT £25,000

Wally

Club Member
I'm putting this for sale on here for a week or two before it gets posted elsewhere.

Unfortunately I’m unable to complete this project due to time and space constraints and I’m having to sell it on to someone who has the time and space to complete it to the standard it deserves. The car is a California import and has been fully registered in the UK and is currently sat SORN. This project from the get go was planned as a restomod, with RB25 engine, CD009 gearbox and with the exterior looking as standard as possible but everything underneath updated to modernish technology.

A link to the build thread to show what’s been done is here.

A link to pictures of the car through it’s various stages is here.

SHELL

The car was completely stripped, sandblasted and is finished in primer. Although not horrendous, the shell had rust in the usual places; rear tailgate slam panel and floors mainly. All have been cut out and replaced. The shell has been converted to RHD with the bulkhead fully removed and replaced by a new after market one from Auto Panel Solutions. Whilst this was being carried out, the chassis rails where strengthened and gusseted and the floor supports extended to meet the chassis rails and rear subframe. The shell is currently a rolling chassis and been been fitted with Apex Engineered front and rear suspension kits along with BC Racing coilovers. The hubs are all 5 studs with OEM R32 GTR hubs at the rear and TTT billet hubs at the front. Fitted with a good condition dash and rebuilt steering rack. The shell requires some panel beating on the rear 3/4 panels and rear valance plus the usual filling and sanding prior to paint.

ENGINE RB25DET NEO

The engine has been fully disassembled and professionally cleaned and painted along with the head and block skimmed and cylinders honed. It has been rebuilt with all new bearings, piston rings, ARP head studs, MLS gasket, N1 oil pump, OEM water pump and all new OEM gaskets and seals. Also fitted with an aluminium baffled sump with AN fittings for all required returns. The head has been fully stripped, cleaned, stem seals replaced and valves reseated. A rear head drain/breather has been fitted. The engine is fitted with Nissan GTR (R35) coil packs with the PRP bracket and has a Haltech Elite 2500 ECU and wiring harness. Everything else is OEM bar the intake which is a Plasmaman aluminium intake with Bosch DBW throttlebody.

INCLUDED WITH SALE

Fully panelled shell.

Apex Engineered front and rear suspension kits.

R32 GTR Skyline front and rear brakes.

Rebuilt RHD steering rack.

Great condition RHD dash.

Rebuilt RB25DET engine along with Haltech Elite 2500 and wiring harness.

CD009 6speed gearbox including new clutch and adapter to fit RB engine.

EZ Wiring harness.

JW Speaker LED headlights.

New reproduction rear tail lights.

T7 Designs aircon/heater unit along parts required for full system minus the hoses.

3.7 R200 short nose diff.

JP Racing J19 alloy wheels 16x8. Fitted with Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tyres 235/45 R16.

Marugen Shoukai ZG arch extensions.

Front intercooler with all the required mounts and piping.

Mishimoto radiator.

Plus loads of extras including the majority of original parts.

Any inspections welcomed. Car will obviously need to trailer to move and a van for all the parts. All parts can be boxed and palletised for easier transport. Feel free to ask me any questions.

Wally

Club Member
What's everyone's thoughts on the ad? Clearly the easier option for me would be to sell as one package but it might be an option to sell as parts.

Mark N

Club Member
It's hard to say which way will be best but it would be a little bit difficult/daunting for someone to take on the full project without doing the extensive research, that you have done, into the specific parts you chose and how they integrate together.
Splitting it may appeal to a wider buyer base, there may be someone looking for an RB swap for their own car, another looking for suspension/brakes, etc, etc.
If you still have most of the original parts it might be best to sell that as a package with the shell.
I'm sure a fully prepped and panelled RHD converted shell with no surprises would be sought after.
You have a lot of nice parts there and personally I think it is a bargain given the value of your running gear (the rebuilt RB + upgrades, CD009, Apex kit and brake upgrade is probably close to half your asking price).

Last edited:

Ian

Club Member
I think if someone was wanting an RB-Z project this would be a great start and save a lot of work and if a person was planning to do a build themselves then they should have no problem figuring out the parts you have, if they can't do this easily then they shouldn't be thinking of doing such a build anyway.

Add shows enough given the access to photos and project, easy to figure out where you are at with it.

Wally

Club Member
@Ian @Mark N Thank you for the comments. It's definitely a daunting projecting and would take someone a beat to pick up where I've left off. I'd definitely be available over the phone etc to help out where possible. It's definitely a solid base for somebody though.