Spotted this old advert in 1996 classic car mag
Who owns it now?

Attachments

• FEF74E71-F385-45F0-B8F7-9C8C560E4219.jpeg
    FEF74E71-F385-45F0-B8F7-9C8C560E4219.jpeg
    391.5 KB · Views: 69

uk66fastback

Club Member
XJL 206L has not been taxed since 1995 apparently, according to the DVLA. SO either a private plate went on it or something else happened to it.

Or it was an example photo. It's not in the Sam colours either ...

Seems VERY cheap even for then. Were Interceptor's really £26k in 1996? And Alpines £9k? I bought a freshly painted Spitfire in 1994 for £2500 - it's worth about that now!

Fairlineguy

Club Member
XJL 206L has not been taxed since 1995 apparently, according to the DVLA. SO either a private plate went on it or something else happened to it.

Or it was an example photo. It's not in the Sam colours either ...

Seems VERY cheap even for then. Were Interceptor's really £26k in 1996? And Alpines £9k? I bought a freshly painted Spitfire in 1994 for £2500 - it's worth about that now!

Think the photo is just a sample as ad state can complete for you. Don’t all ring up to see if it’s still available .lol

status

Well-Known Forum User
I had an interceptor 7.2 back in 202 ish and they wasn’t going for that much then,mine was mint as had it repainted as paint went flat all the air tubes were mint as was the rest of it

status

Well-Known Forum User
I paid £2600 for my 260 30 years ago wots it worth now if only we kept all those cars from the 70 s that includes all those old Datsun and toyotas

WazzaJB

Club Member
I paid £2600 for my 260 30 years ago wots it worth now if only we kept all those cars from the 70 s that includes all those old Datsun and toyotas
I always find it interesting to see what an inflation calculator brings up. If you paid £2600 in 1979, it would be the equivalent of £15k in todays money.

https://www.hl.co.uk/tools/calculators/inflation-calculator

Does this make any economic sense or am I talking rubbish?

EDIT: 1989 equivalent value comes up as £6,917 (sorry for adding 10 years on!)

Last edited:

status

Well-Known Forum User
As stated before it’s worth wot someone will pay ,in the last year I’ve got my myself wot are considered future classics ie a BMW Z4 m coupe in IMola red,just think wot the z3 m coupeswere worth 10 years ago with the s54 engine they are going for 55 k and upwards,not bad for a 13-17 k investment and the other is a Scooby sti uk car I could make a4 k profit in the 11 months I’ve had it,the samuri is worth wot someone is willing to pay as sed before at the end of the day there are better Datsun conversions that popped up over the years than a sammy,I know wot I would go for
Each to their own