Skidoffs' challenge

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
So I rea the latest mag - very good Steve and there in small print was a measly offer of 25 quid to the club if anyone beats his best of 13 point something !

Steve, you must either be hard up or not very sure of your cars' potential if it's just 25 quid (not even a club membership price now) !

I fancy taking up this challenge and providing some competition to Marino junior AND winning the best modified 280ZX but none of this will happen just yet !

But I have cunning plans and then need to coordinate my UK visits with drag runs !

I'll see you all......

grolls

Well-Known Forum User
I should imagine he will have to move up a class next year due to all the mods and carbon being fitted at the mo. so he would be in with the 3.1's. Mind you the only 3.1's i know seem to be off the road all the time so skiddell would win anyway......lol:D

Russ

Club Member
If someone beats skiddells time in his class I'll chip in the extra £5 for the membership!

I think thats safe money, but I'd like to be proven wrong.

All this Z cars on the strip must be doing wonders for the club though, a couple thousand people see the cars doing good times each time at the pod, only way to boost membership is if people see the cars. My car looks great, but only if you drive up my culdesac to see it!

Mr.F

Inactive
Sneak preview - there will be some rule changes in the Drag Challenge for next season which will level the playing field somewhat and introduce a significant cash and goodies prize for "Top Dog" at the end of the season. By which I mean Top Dog overall, not just in class and not just because they have the fastest / quickest car....:cool:

SKiddell

Well-Known Forum User
Winter mag may just bring some interesting Drag challege developments that may tempt even the most stock of cars onto the black stuff.

Stay tuned sport fans

datsun dave

Club Member
Roll on 2006 Drag Challange Because the
:) CHESHIRE PLAINZ BOYS ARE COMING TO TAKE AWAY THE PRIZES :)
and your MONEY :D

Russ

Club Member
Can I run my Omega, and do I get a significant handicap for it being an automatic vauxhall???

Bring on the monies!

SKiddell

Well-Known Forum User
Chesire painz

And then the alarm clock went off and the Chesire plainz crew smelt the wonderful aroma of coffee:D , I was having a lovelly dream said Mark, I know said Dave, shame it will never happen.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Stupid question : is there a one off Drag strip day planned next year where everyone (or nearly) will be there ?

I don't see why Skiddells' car should move up a class - it is a N/A 240Z as mine is ?

zedhead260

Well-Known Forum User
datsun dave said:
Roll on 2006 Drag Challange Because the
and your MONEY :D
Had a feeling there may have been a couple of you up there wanting to move up a few places in The Hall of Fame :)

My car should just about be ready to catch the tail end of the season. Lots of sexy parts have been arriving over the past few months so all I have to do is bolt the damned things together !!!

datsun dave

Club Member
We will have to see BRING IT ON BOYS always drive better with a bench mark to beat so do we have any dates for the 2006 also what are the CHANGES for next year dont want to build something that wont let me go for Mr Keddells short record (how long did steve adams hold it for !!!)
ULTIMATE FAST CAR WINNER SANTA POD 1996 & 1997 2151cc - 3150cc

SKiddell

Well-Known Forum User
Mr Keddells short record
Thank you, 13.72 is indeed short:D goodness knows what we can achieve when we really try.

Think on this all ye nay sayers, Steve Adams held the record for 8 years (respect) against all comers ;) such as Samuri's, stripped out cars, strokers et al but it has only been broken recently using leading edge technology, some of which is used at the highest level of motorsport, so answer me this, why should old technology get it back:confused: it couldnt do it before. I am not saying it wont be beaten but what I am saying is new thinking is needed in order to do it.
The Rutland express has now run down the Pod 20 times this year, 4 of which (on differant days)are 13.9 seconds and under, so it can demontrate consistancy, not some one off sunny day time.
Plus in the end I dont mind loosing the record, it just gives me a chance to get it back.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Dave,

Aint no Northener who's gonna hold that record so don't invest too much ! 2.8s with triples is old hat now - I hope you're thinking ingenuity !

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
err, short in that it won't last long :)

But competition (Northern deseration ,) drives us all to excellence and I would like to have a run or two against Rutlands' fastest beer stall :)

I WILL STATE HERE AND NOW THAT I WAS WRONG TO HASTILY JUDGE THE DRAG RUNS AND THAT THEY DO INDEED SERVE THE Zs WELL IN PUTTING 'OUR' CARS IN THE SPOTLIGHT - SOMETHING THAT CIRCUIT DAYS WOULD NOT OFFER !

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
SeanDezart said:
I WILL STATE HERE AND NOW THAT I WAS WRONG TO HASTILY JUDGE THE DRAG RUNS AND THAT THEY DO INDEED SERVE THE Zs WELL IN PUTTING 'OUR' CARS IN THE SPOTLIGHT - SOMETHING THAT CIRCUIT DAYS WOULD NOT OFFER !
Nice to see a change of thinking towards the drag boys and said so loudly as well:)

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Steve,

It's only because you have yet to prove your car in anything other than a straight line...:)

SKiddell

Well-Known Forum User
Sean I hear what you say but drag racing is without doubt far more accessible and cheaper than track racing, my car wasnt particularly targeted, suspension and handling wise for the track but I do have a full suspension kit to fit (coilovers, camber bushes, castor rods and lots of other tricks, so given that it should handle as well as most other zeds and has the tracktability/flexibility of FI it should be a competative car. I do plan on doing some track days next year but what is the measure of success -- you have no timing slip to quantify your work. Track racing relies on repeatedly racing against a number of individuals where as drag racing requires at a minimum, nothing other than you and your car. Its a bit like golf and squash -- you can play golf on your own but you sure as heck cant play squash. If you wish too I am more than willing go head to head around a track -- should be fun