Silverstone Classic

Mr Ex Jnr

Club Member
Classic z register are off I'm sure if you get in touch with John he get you on club stand

Z club doesn't seem to do Silverstone classic i don't no what date it is either does it clash with any other shows

chrisvega

Well-Known Forum User
Biggest and best classic meet of the year.
It is next weekend, I am going on Fri and Sat.
Just Jake(Rah) and me going from on here as far as I know.
It is Z Register stand.

Jake RAH

Well-Known Forum User
Like Chris says it's the biggest and best classic meet of the year :cool: So much going on & so many great cars(except for all the 100's of new Porsches allowed in).
I'm not a fan of tribute bands but I must say I am quite looking forward to Friday nights music, The*Bootleg Beatles, Who’s Next & Are You Experienced. Must be an age thing!?! :

status

Well-Known Forum User
Bootleg Beatles are ok,the Hendrix stuff ain't hard to play,not seen the who tribute,think my mate plays bass in who's who,still only cover bands as far as I'm concerned,should be good weekend with all them cars,out with my band sat ,bikers bash and studio session Friday,next year maybe

johnymd

Club Member
Sounds a good event. May pop over there on the Saturday. Do you know if the Z register has any spaces? They had a good spot last year and some nice display cars. Not sure how my silver car would fit in!!!

Jake RAH

Well-Known Forum User
John, I couldn't promise the will be a spot for another Z but it's pretty likely the will be I would have thought. I'll pm you over my mobile number and then if you want before bringing the Z in you could call me and check the is a space going and if the is a spare pass I could bring it over to the gate for you. I wouldn't worry about the condition of the car, the Z reg banner photo includes my Z before it was restored, doesn't seem to offend anyone ;)

chrisvega

Well-Known Forum User
2mha2o0.jpg

Yep, here's mine on a tow truck :(
Made it down to Silverstone on Friday morning all fine but on way out of the circuit the new/reconditioned gearbox only fitted 150 miles ago packed up big time ( supposedly one of those $ 1200 fully rebuilt units from US eBay seller but bought from a third party in Europe so not under warranty ). Will see exactly what was replaced and what has failed when strip it down.

There were just six cars on the Z Register stand Friday, 4 x 240Z, Jake's 260Z and a 260Z 2+2 but forgot to get a picture :eek:

Jake RAH

Well-Known Forum User
2mha2o0.jpg

Yep, here's mine on a tow truck :(
Made it down to Silverstone on Friday morning all fine but on way out of the circuit the new/reconditioned gearbox only fitted 150 miles ago packed up big time ( supposedly one of those $ 1200 fully rebuilt units from US eBay seller but bought from a third party in Europe so not under warranty ). Will see exactly what was replaced and what has failed when strip it down.

There were just six cars on the Z Register stand Friday, 4 x 240Z, Jake's 260Z and a 260Z 2+2 but forgot to get a picture :eek:

Car still looks great mate even on a tow truck :cool:

Derrick what are you doing overtaking a Z? :p