Silverstone Classic - 50th Anniversary Meet - 26-28th July

Woody928

Events Officer
Staff member
Club Member
med_gallery_123_535_30632.png

Hi All,

As you will all be aware 2019 seems to be the big year that everyone is talking about for the 50th Anniversary of the Z, with this in mind there has been lots of discussion as to how to get as many cars together as possible in one place to celebrate this and as publicly as possible to promote the Marque.

I can confirm that the Silverstone Classic has been decided on by multiple clubs and that arrangements for a club stand have been made. For those that would like to attend the a stand has been organised by the Z Register and all clubs will be sharing this stand, this event is being promoted over all of the major Nissan Clubs with lots of bookings already already been made.

Should you wish to attend then please follow the booking instructions below and use the Club Code to secure your tickets and parking:

Please go to the Silverstone Classic Website to book your slot: https://silverstonec...82?src=carclubs - Car Club Code is: CCD00142019 - Silverstone Classic will email the tickets direct to be printed at home.

Multiple ticket options are available depending on how long you would like to attend and early bird prices are currently still valid for those who want to book now.

Should be a cracking weekend with lots of Z's and great motor racing! EXTRA:D

Huw

Club Member
Is this the 'official' club event of the year for the 50th festivities or is it going to be Donnington or have I completely lost the plot..........o_O

Paul_S

Club Member
My understanding was that Silverstone is the event all the clubs will attend. It's not the only one obviously, but it's the collective one :)

Huw

Club Member
Ah right, thanks Paul. Just there was some talk of a club event and a drive around a track and from memory I thought it was suggested Silverstone. Im easily confused, its an age thing.

Paul_S

Club Member
I'm keen to attend as many 50th anniversary events as I can but I'm deffo booked in for all 3 days at Silverstone. We (nissansportz) have reserved some nice accomodation too. Let me know if you're interested in staying over...

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Huw, both will be good.

We (Z Club) are organising the Donington Event in the capable hands of Jonathan Kinghorn. The Classic Z Register attend too. There is an opportunity to do a track parade which some do.

You and your 280ZX would be welcome at either.

I haven't attended Silverstone because it usually conflicts with our summer holiday but I'm sure it's a great event and I would like the racing.

I will be attending Donington because it's local to me and it's a nice relaxed event (I'm getting-on a bit you know).

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
I attended Silverstone Classic last year for a day and it was a fantastic event unfortunately I did not stay on in the evening to watch the excellent set by the band who were there
I know a few years ago I would be camping there so I could enjoy the whole experience but now find tent life does not work with my body anymore
So for those of you who can do this give it a go as if you don't you will always regret it

Neil

Club Member
Hi,

I am very interested in Silverstone classics if I can get my Z ready in time. Is anyone arranging a parade lap here or will that just be Donington?

Cheers,
Neil.

uk66fastback

Club Member
Weekend of my anniversary, so do I have a weekend of fun with people I like doing things I want to ...

Or do I take the wife away? :D ...

Woody928

Events Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Hi,

I am very interested in Silverstone classics if I can get my Z ready in time. Is anyone arranging a parade lap here or will that just be Donington?

Cheers,
Neil.

John Newlyn would be the one to ask...

IbanezDan51

Well-Known Forum User
Id like to come to this but I may not have a Z on the road at that point. Also, a bit reluctant to spend 100 quid on a ticket given nothing has been confirmed yet - no lineup bands and nothing to do with the anniversary.

Jay.

Club Member
Should be able to make this! Havent done a Silverstone event yet as I've always had to cancel, so I'll make an extra effort to go to this one!

TulipZ

Active Forum User
There are a small group of us "Irish Z/ZX drivers" who are interested in going to this event/50th Birthday, but finding accommodation difficult to source. Any advice?

Paul_S

Club Member
There are a small group of us "Irish Z/ZX drivers" who are interested in going to this event/50th Birthday, but finding accommodation difficult to source. Any advice?
That would be excellent! I might be able to help, I'll drop you a PM :)

Farmer42

Club Member
Going to make every effort to attend this one. My next door neighbour wants to take his Aston v8 Vantage and has suggested we both go in a mini-convoy. I agreed as long as he kept up but reminded him that I had a Zed not a Mini!:rofl:

Would be good to get a parade lap.

chrisvega

Well-Known Forum User
We had a parade lap last year (and a proper lap in places) not just a Sunday afternoon trundle ;)

Not spoken to Jon Newlyn recently but I think it is pretty much a given that we will have the same again this year as 50 year anniversary of s30Z maybe ranks just a tad higher than last years 30 year anniversary of Z Register, great as it was:smoke:

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
So what's the form? Are people going for the full three days, two or one?

I was thinking of a drive up Friday after work and stay Sat / Sun.