Silverstone Classic 2020- 31st July to 2nd August 2020 (Provisional Dates) - Club Code: 2020CCD062

Status
Not open for further replies.

lesmo

Club Member
gallery_123_544_17449.png

b20b4cd29ce8c0fcbe2fce6befd4776a.jpg

Nissansportz are joining our friends at The Z Register again next year at the Silverstone Classic for a Zed Fest - this year me managed to have on some days in excess of 30 cars and the highlight was the track parade on the Saturday.

We wish to extend the invitation to all our friends at ZClub to join the group of Zed enthusiasts (and the odd GTR). The Club Tickets go on sale later today (after 10am). Details of the Nissansportz thread and updated can be found here: http://forums.nissansportz.com/topi...-2020-provisional-dates-club-code-2020ccd062/

The dates are currently subject to change and will be announced when the Grand Prix Calendar is known. (however given the Formula-E dates its likely to be fairly firm) we will press on and assume they are accurate for the time being.

Again next year and again we will share the event with friends from the Classic Z Register. As well as offering out to other clubs. Those who attended I am sure will say they enjoyed it. So this is a provisional interest thread.

Code is: 2020CCD062 and can be used when the tickets go on sale on the 25th October 2019. The prices remain the same as last year.

Super Early Bird (Available until 31st December)

Friday - £43
Saturday - £72
Sunday - £60

2 Day - Fri/Sat - £82
2 Day - Sat/Sun - £94
3 Day Weekend - £99

Includes Driver and Passenger & Infield Club Parking

Early Bird Prices (1st January to 31st March)

Friday - £47
Saturday - £77
Sunday - £65

2 Day - Fri/Sat - £95
2 Day - Sat/Sun - £103
3 Day Weekend - £105

Standard Club Packages - Available 1st April to 31st May

Silverstone Classic Site - https://www.silverstoneclassic.com/clubs

https://silverstoneclassic.seeticke.../silverstone-circuit-northamptonshire/1449506

So who's up for 3 days in Northamptonshire on a old air field?

Last edited:

lesmo

Club Member
Paul_S has a 240Z. A couple of other members are rebuilding at present. It is £72 for the Saturday it works out much cheaper to do multiple days. But the £72 is for a Driver and Passenger (so £36 each).

lesmo

Club Member
Here is a picture of Paul's car at the Hotel with a few of us that attended the Classic this year

gallery_245_540_344780.jpg

lesmo

Club Member
The ticket is £72 for the Saturday if you go alone it would be £72 - however, the ticket covers two people that you do not need to name at booking. It also includes parking on the club stand - the infield. This year we were near the medical centre.

lesmo

Club Member
So how many classic Z's are in the Nissansportz club? I don't I recall seeing any at Silverstone Classic 2019.

We were near the Ferrari Club of Great Britain - most days there were up to 20+ 240z's in attendance I would say with the Parade being the biggest day. Here is our combined track parade. I think 3 or 4 clubs were together on the same stand.

Shows a lot of the cars present on the Saturday.

status

Well-Known Forum User
That’s why most in the club don’t go to these things anymore as it’s a bit of a pisssstake,
Such a shame the organisers have got so greedy over the years

richiep

Club Member
We were near the Ferrari Club of Great Britain - most days there were up to 20+ 240z's in attendance I would say with the Parade being the biggest day. Here is our combined track parade. I think 3 or 4 clubs were together on the same stand.

Shows a lot of the cars present on the Saturday.

A lot of us were actually there; the classic Zs on the combined stand were almost all Classic Z Register or Z Club members. TBH, I doubt many of us were aware that Nissansportz were participating, hence Jake’s question (he was there too on the stand).

lesmo

Club Member
Ah, Sorry mate I understand now yes we were there - well the 25 or so 350/370z were all Nissansportz as was the GTR at the far end - if it was the Saturday - we also had an Audi in the group (now owns a GTR as well). I think we made up around third of the cars on any given day. It was decided to group the cars by age - so the classics were in one end and the newer at the other. There are pictures of our cars (mine with the Bonnet open) on the ZClub report. https://zclub.net/silverstone-classic-2019/ Basically every car in that report which is a 350Z, 370z or GTR was Nissansportz.

This image has both the feathers in it

20190727_131643-e1564330459579-1024x768.jpg

Last edited:

richiep

Club Member
Okay, I wasn't sure how much of the 350/370 contingent was from the 350 club etc. You guys had a good turnout then! Especially considering how vile the weather was generally. I'll be looking forward to going again in 2020. Just hope the weather is decent so that I can actually enjoy the experience a bit more, given the excellent range of vehicles present across the whole event.

lesmo

Club Member
It wasn't great was it :) but for some reason someone looked down on us for the track parade and that was ok and Friday wasn't too bad. But the rest of the time it was pretty awful. Look forward to seeing you there.

Jake RAH

Well-Known Forum User
A lot of us were actually there; the classic Zs on the combined stand were almost all Classic Z Register or Z Club members. TBH, I doubt many of us were aware that Nissansportz were participating, hence Jake’s question (he was there too on the stand).

Yes Richie, you are correct. I thought it odd that a club that appeared not to comprise of classic cars was showing at a classic car event . As I'm sure you know for cars to fall into the classic category it is normally required that said cars are 20 years old or more, so for next years event cars should be pre year 2000. The 350Z entered production in 2002, the 370Z in 2008, therefore they do not fit into the category of 'classic'. Also, the sight of a modern Audi on the stand almost tempted me to show up in my 2007 Audi Quattro for the last day. I mean why not, it was a wet day after all ;)
For those of you not yet aware the Z Club of Great Britain will in fact be hosting it's own club stand at the Silverstone Classic 2020 :thumbs:

lesmo

Club Member
Ok mate good luck with the stand. You never know we might be neighbors next year as we are joining with the Classic group again.

I am honestly sorry you don't think that enthusiasts with Z Cars of all ages are accepted - certainly, there were many clubs in attendance with post cars. Certainly, when I joined ZClub I believed we were accepted or I would not have joined.

If you had have turned up with the Audi none of us would have an issue with it. Just as we didn't when one of our friends moved from a Zed to an Audi and then onto a GTR.

For u
s, it's more the people are important more than the cars who attend and hence why we as group of clubs shared the event last year and there was a committee section dedicated to it on the ZClub forum.

Anyway, I can see you are planning to run your own event so I won't update this thread anymore. I hope you get good numbers for the event and have a great event and have a great time. See you next July.

Jake RAH

Well-Known Forum User
Ok mate good luck with the stand. You never know we might be neighbors next year as we are joining with the Classic group again.

Yes we know you're joining the CZR again, your post stated that. FYI some of us at Z Club are or have been CZR members including myself.

I am honestly sorry you don't think that enthusiasts with Z Cars of all agesk are accepted - certainly, there were many clubs in attendance with post cars. Certainly, when I joined ZClub I believed we were accepted or I would not have joined.

The Z Club is for all Datsun/Nissan Z cars and everyone is welcome.
The same rules do not apply to events such as the Silverstone Classic which is a classic car show and has it's own rules, as do other events, so don't conflate the two things.
The Silverstone classic has rules re Car Club Criteria for club entry and 'post cars', and in the rules it states you only qualify entry if 'the majority of your members’ cars are a minimum of 20 years old' so I don't think a group of post 2002 350z & 370Z plus an Audi qualify TBH, do you?
If it were an event such as Japfest then yes we'd all be wanting to show our Japanese cars, and all of us showing up in said cars would be in the spirit of the event. The Silverstone Classic is as the name implies a 'classic' car event.

If you had have turned up with the Audi none of us would have an issue with it. Just as we didn't when one of our friends moved from a Zed to an Audi and then onto a GTR.

That shows your lack of respect for the shows punters, the event, club & the guys in it who have spent a lot of time, money and effort to restore & maintain the cars & show them. I went to a monthly classic car meet earlier in the year that I regularly attend (nothing to do with Z Club) and my Z was off the road for a couple of weeks so I went in my MX5. Did I drive in entitled to the show in my car and park up alongside the classics? No, it would have IMO been bloody rude to do so. My MX5 is post 2000 therefore it's not a classic & so I would not be so presumptive. I parked up in the punters car park. Also just think of the punters who've paid out a lot of money to go to a classic car show, and not any old event but the UK's biggest & best classic car show. Now just imagine them walking round and seeing lots of modern run of the mill cars parked up alongside the classics. If you'd paid big money for that I think you'd be a bit miffed wouldn't you. If the event has an area for 'modern classics', as some do, then yes take your 'modern classic' along and park up in the prescribed area along with the other 'modern classics', but don't just assume that because last year you went out and bought a new Z, Porsche, Ford, Audi or whatever, that you're then fine just rocking up at such an event and parking with the show cars. It's like the PC BS of everyone gets a gold star & a prize just because they ran in the race. IMO It's a quick way of wrecking such an event.

For us, it's more the people are important more than the cars who attend and hence why we as group of clubs shared the event last year and there was a committee section dedicated to it on the ZClub forum.

I hear what you're saying but without the cars the wouldn't be a club, the club(which started over 40 years ago) is about the cars. Don't get me wrong I'm in this club for the banter, the fun, making new friends, meeting like minded people, etc, but at the end of the day the club is about the cars.

Anyway, I can see you are planning to run your own event so I won't update this thread anymore. I hope you get good numbers for the event and have a great event and have a great time. See you next July.

I have no issue with your thread & if the club admins did then I imagine it would have been removed by now. So update away.
Maybe we'll see you before July at another event ;)

:driving: :thumbs:

Mr Tenno

Digital Officer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I think the modern cars were all over the event to be honest. The Porsche stand had about 50x more modern cars than classics!

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Lesmo, please don't be offended by Jake's post he just feels strongly about Classic Car Show entrants. At the Donington 'Historic Festival' a couple of years ago we were smothered by scores of modern Mustangs and Porches. The Mustang guys were revving their cars to make a noise and playing loud music. However we did have the odd 370Z on our stand too.

At the Oulton Park Gold Cup there is age criteria.

At Spa there is a list of eligible cars which includes modern cars. In fact at Spa and Le Mans Classics modern cars are allowed on track - some on the parade laps and some between races for 'Paid rides'.

At Le mans at night I remember between the races seeing Ford Focus and 370Zs lapping quicker than the race cars, which I though was a bit 'off'.

Status
Not open for further replies.