Silverstone Auctions 240z

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
As stated before this was my car a year ago.

This was the car I rewired and extensively altered the dash and heater system plus fitted a Honda wiper motor. The wiring was a huge job in my single garage and finally put me off working on cars without space so I also sold my Samuri and I now have a classic Honda CB750K to fiddle with and ride (carefully). It's so much easier however I have loved my 25 years of Z ownership - 3 x 240, a 260, a 350 and a 370. Can't believe the difference in value of the S30s versus the two newer cars.

Last edited:

Graham Palmer

Club Member
You can still watch the auction Lot420 YouTube about 1hr 48mins in...did not sell at £44K ....or we can watch Dianas RsTurbo sell for £650K ! .Lot 491 later in same vid steam.

There were lots of cars that did not sell.....sign of the times maybe once you add on the outrageous commissions these folks charge ! ..15% buyers premium (inc VAT)..that adds up quickly

Mind you if you do bid on one of their lots they continue to send you the full auction book each time they hold another auction.

enjoy

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Didn't sell, I saw the bidding stalling low, anyone know exactly what it got to?
It was a great car.
You can still watch the auction Lot420 YouTube about 1hr 48mins in...did not sell at £44K ....or we can watch Dianas RsTurbo sell for £650K ! .Lot 491 later in same vid steam.

There were lots of cars that did not sell.....sign of the times maybe once you add on the outrageous commissions these folks charge ! ..15% buyers premium (inc VAT)..that adds up quickly

Mind you if you do bid on one of their lots they continue to send you the full auction book each time they hold another auction.

enjoy
Yes I get those catalogues

Attachments

• 20220827_222042.jpg
    20220827_222042.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 4

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
The car has a limited audience now because it is rally oriented. When I drove it the car was a lovely fast cruiser. The Bilstein suspension, smooth S14 gbox, SUs, standard gearing 3.9 Recaro seats etc suited it. When I was selling it the buyer wanted it more for rallying so it needed better electrics, tripmeters, spotlights, improved demisting and so mods were made by me and him. Unfortunately a marriage breakup forced him to sell it. We were gutted.

Yep, why not ? What is the sum of the parts, base car and labour on top ? :)

And what is it with clubbies in general that they won't accept high prices being asked ?

Some of us live on planet earth. so if a car bids upto £44k, then 3 hours later it gets advertised for 25% more, its a strange strategy.

I'm not sure what a 'clubbie' is. However I think everything sells for what its worth.

Mr Tenno

Digital Officer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I think it's fairly normal for sellers to hold out for a better price, an auction won't always bring out the highest price.