Silly screen wash motor question probably :)

shadowman

Well-Known Forum User
Can anyone tell me where the screen wash motor is located in the engine bay of my 300ZX TT? I have a 1992 model.

This was all working fine until about 6 or 8 weeks back when the car had to go to one of my local garages to have an electrical fault resolved. After about almost a month there it was fixed but the guy who worked on it put a dent in my bonnet. He must have slammed the bonnet down and left 'something' sticking up in the engine bay! :eek: Annoyed :( as the bloke didn't owned up to causing the damage. I would still be peeved had he did own up to it but I would have at least respected him for admitting to it rather than hope I miss it! The owner of the garage apologised as this was an 'expert' he called in to do the job.

Anyway, I pointed it out and they offered to respray the entire bonnet by a bloke that they recommended. I wish I didn't take their advice as I had to go back there several times as the paint developed 'patches'. The bloke was cool about having it back to get it redone but the hassle was doing my bloody head in! Even now it still isn't right cos there are streaks that stand out when it is very sunny beneath the lacquer but at least the patches are gone!

Anyway, I just discovered a couple of days ago that my screen wash motor doesn't work anymore. I know that things will give up the ghost at some point or another but I had no problems with the screen wash before it went to this garage. It might sound odd to say it but I don't think I have used the screen wash to wash the screen at all until a few days back. I just don't think I needed to activate it till recently. When it rained, wipers come on and I always washed the car. I never went very far to get any serious dirt build up on the windscreen to warrant using the screen wash. When I try to use it now I don't get a whirring like I normally get. I just get silence. I'm thinking this bloke at the garage disconnected the power to the motor and forgot to hook it back up again!! More headache! Either that or it has just simply broken, which I find hard to believe as it's been working fine for the last 3.5 years! I am thinking of taking it back to the garage and telling them that their 'expert' made another boob. Or do I just try to connect it myself?? The rear was works fine by the way. Thank god! can anyone tell me where the motor is located? Or do i just take it back and get it put right?

Mr.F

Inactive
The front and rear washer motors are integral with the bottle - located front RH corner on 2+2 and rear LH corner on 2 seater.
The 2 seater has a supplementary motor mounted front RH to step the pressure up after its long trip from the back of the car - this is a regular failure point generating a leak or complete loss of water to the screen.

shadowman

Well-Known Forum User
The front and rear washer motors are integral with the bottle - located front RH corner on 2+2 and rear LH corner on 2 seater.
The 2 seater has a supplementary motor mounted front RH to step the pressure up after its long trip from the back of the car - this is a regular failure point generating a leak or complete loss of water to the screen.

So doubtful that this would have been disconnected somehow when work to diagnose the electrical fault took place. Will check it when I go home.

Thanks