Short intro to me and my '72 240z

uk66fastback

Club Member
Hi all,

I've been on here a few months and on FB in a few different Datsun groups for a while as well. I bought my 240Z from the US in July - but haven't really done a lot to it yet - or even had a good go through it due to work commitments. But I had a week off this week so now I've started ...

The car is a 1972 from Amarillo, Texas. Never left Texas from delivery until it was sold to me. Owned by one guy since 1976 and he told me on the phone it hadn't had a lot done to it so that could be kinda good, it could be kinda bad ....

One respray about 10 years ago ... interior is original and in very nice nick.

A few pics below

I did get it MOT'd. It didn't fail on the front or rear lights which I thought strange - I've had mainly Mustangs before now from the US and they've always been failed by the MOT tester due to the red rear lights ... but the 240Z got through? Anyway, it failed on a few small things, some of which I have been looking at this week.

ARB bushes and steering rack bushes which I thought strange as I took the originals out and they looked fine ... but anyway. Minor bulbs not working and washers etc and a small hole in the floor.

As well as this intro I will be putting a thread in the tech section as the car is running like a pig. I'll describe the symptoms in that thread.

Cheers for now ...

Mike

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Lovely car and your 'running' problem will be nothing serious I'm sure.

I think it's running out of fuel i.e. fuel starvation. Bypass the fuel filter as a starter, they can get blocked.

candy red

Club Member
Welcome to the club your car looks fantastic you must be well pleased sounds good when running can't be much wrong there, as Rob said check the fuel filter first good luck would like to see more pic of your great car :thumbs:

Derrick ;)