Servicing light stalk

Pondo

Club Member
Hi,

does anyone know where I can get someone to service my light stalk. The headlights must have a lose connection as they can drop out when driving unless I wiggle the stalk.
I wouldn’t mind the whole thing just being cleaned and spruced up but wasn’t sure if anyone knew who might tackle this. I don’t trust myself not to break it or more likely it gets taken apart never to be put back together.

Bazzateer

Club Member
Sure I saw someone on YouTube stripping one down and refurbishing it. Might be worth trying a search on there?

Edit: I think this is it, indicator but principles may be similar?

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I would remove the cowl and wiggle the wiring with your headlights on to see if it is something as simple as a loose connection.

If you are sure it's the switch I might be able to help with either my spare or a look over yours.

Last edited:

Pondo

Club Member
Cheers for the offer Rob that is very kind, when I bought the car off Mike in the states he sent it over with a spare one so I have the original (maybe) off the car. I think I’ve found a guy who will clean it up and refresh the whole unit, I might have a go at refreshing then the one on the car now so I still have a working spare.

TimFZ

Club Member
A job I need to do now for both headlights and indicators....

Its not difficult but sadly I did it last year on indicators and it needs doing again. Putting in a bypass switch under the dash in case it goes wrong again.