Selling The Z

Zed-the-red

Well-Known Forum User
Hi
It's not what I want to do and I am sickened at the prospect of doing it. But I have to sell as retirement looms..
I have no idea what its worth so a little help to give me a ball park figure please.

UK car 1973 Blue. 240Z
Matching Numbers
RH Drive
Excellent condition
Restored 2009 / 12
Full MOT
Basically stock, barring removed rear bumper / Spoiler
Seats MX5 but restored seats can be put back in.
Wolfrace wheels
Fully waxoiled
Needs door locks looking at..
drives brilliantly
Clock does not work... :)

Cheers.

Attachments

• IMG_0493.JPG
    IMG_0493.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 152
  • finished 2.jpg
    finished 2.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 148
  • engine.jpg
    engine.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 142

chrisvega

Well-Known Forum User
Assuming restoration work was done nicely use £ 30k as ballpark price, condition/history/spec. dependent maybe plus 10/20%.

Zed-the-red

Well-Known Forum User
Chris
Thanks for the feedback.

The rather unusual number plate will stay with the car as its got the 240 in it. The carbs were fully restored in America and at great expense..
Electronic ignition in the original distributor, gearbox re built, well just about everything really. I think I have done 3k miles in it over the past 3 years..
Lets see what happens.
It will make a fine car for somebody. But it has to go to the right home that the main thing.

IbanezDan51

Well-Known Forum User
Work done during restoration? Pictures? What new metal does it have if any? This will really affect price IMO.
Get some pictures up and good luck with the sale! You'll regret it!

Dan

Red7

Well-Known Forum User
I think that was a couple of my friends car back in the day, I can only remember Mick Mitchell from Bramley Vale in Chesterfield, the other guy we called Harry from Mansfield but that was his nickname, it was black back then iirc beautiful looking car now, glwts :thumbs:

Red7

Well-Known Forum User
My other friend Barry Dring also owned it for 2 years but sold it after a minor part resto because he was struggling to get the parts, he's just told me he was gutted, loves how it looks now :thumbs:

Zed-the-red

Well-Known Forum User
My other friend Barry Dring also owned it for 2 years but sold it after a minor part resto because he was struggling to get the parts, he's just told me he was gutted, loves how it looks now :thumbs:

Thanks Guys.. I bought it from Nottingham forget where, but it had been stood a while. It was in a sorry old state. Took the car completely apart and started again. Took an age but it was worth all the work.
I will regret it.. but I do not have the time to dedicate to it. Downsizing etc.. even selling the tractor!

status

Well-Known Forum User
Having new metal which is part of a restore has no effect on the price if done correctly but that's Dans opinion as he said,looks a nice example,there are a few people out there that say they are after a Zed so let's see wot happens

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Having new metal which is part of a restore has no effect on the price if done correctly.........

I know what I would pay more for.

I've said this before but it's amazing what repairs people will accept on a classic car that they wouldn't on a modern car. They would pay more for it too, I know it's out of necessity because of a lack of panels but it's a funny old world.

status

Well-Known Forum User
Like I said Rob,if done correctly can't see a problem,there are still some dogs out there so it's up to people to sort their Shyte out