selling parts at the JAE

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
who do i need to speak to about selling parts at Billing (JAE)i should have an estate car full of bits and bobs to sell or can i just turn up and set my stall out.

pmac

Well-Known Forum User
There are no s/h traders at Billing at all this year doing Z parts.
Basically all traders attending Billing will have booked pitches with the show organizers. A requirement of booking a pitch was "public liability insurance". Not somehing people with s/h parts could afford. Entry to the Z club show area is ONLY for Z cars. So dont turn up with stuff as there is nowhere to sell it.
Maybe you can find someone to buy it all from you and take it away in their estate car.

DJZ 60

Well-Known Forum User
Also,advertise bit,s on the for sale forum leading up to Billing.then you can arrange to do buisness, as well as lighten your load with stuff sold of prior to JAE.

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
its a shame ,when there will be a large gathering of zed minded people and nothing to buy unless they have got a subaru that needs some new floor matts and some neons for when they are out cruising.

zedhead260

Well-Known Forum User
It is a shame.

I have lots of bits and peices to get rid of and Billing is an ideal outlet for me to move some of this stuff on.
Sure, all the "juicy" bits I can advertise as normal, but I have so much that could be of use to someone that's difficult to advertise because of its condition. I am loathed to throw away items that aren't perfect, but could be better than what someone else has got, or they perhaps don't mind spending the time re-conditioning it.
Sometimes you just can't beat a good rummage.

Let's hope it changes for next year or I'll have to start chucking this stuff in the bin.

DJZ 60

Well-Known Forum User
I agree with you,Zedhead. I too looked forwards to billing,namely because of the Z parts which the buyer can see & compare with their own, on car bit,s.I have often wondered? if there are Z autojumbles,parts meet,s which would make available parts for those in need. A Z AUTOJUMBLE held in different parts of the u.k............P.s Dont throw anybit,s away..... I,ve often sat and meticulously scraped part,s and reconditioned bit,s and will have to get in touch to see what parts, you have for sale........................DJZ 60.......Leicester.l

Mr.F

Inactive
Z AUTOJUMBLE held in different parts of the u.k............

Does this have the germ of an idea for a different type of National Z Meeting? How about local group organisers inviting a selection of s/hand and new parts sellers to a venue where parts can be laid out for a day (or even half a day). Adequate parking for Z members to accomodate Zs on display and/or the parts carrier vehicles, somewhere to buy lunch and a drink and somewhere to sit down for a chat. Obviously this would need the agreement of the land owner / pub owner / house-holder and who knows what local authorities would make of it..........I might have a suitable S.E. venue to try it out; who would like to attend? Responses from potential traders and punters invited. Also responses from other local group organisers invited................

abas

Well-Known Forum User
As a buyer I'd be very interested, if it was a South/South East Venue. I definitely could do with a good rummage :)

Perhaps these kinds of events have not been too successful in the past due to there not being sufficient numbers of z owners around??

I know about 10-12 years ago William Galliers had a day planned at his place and he had laid out TONS of stuff in his yard and no-one turned up. I visited him a couple of weeks later on my way up north and he had left everything outside :( What a waste.

Andrew

wolf

Forum User
yes please, can we have such an event, wud like to have a good rummage meself and c if i can find the little bits that i need..... buying everything from dealers can be expensive

DJZ 60

Well-Known Forum User
The organisers and sponsers of The JAE, at Billing Are asking all trader,s to provide their own" PUBLIC LIABILITY INSURANCE" which is quite expensive.This in effect, Cut,s their own cost,s down considerably.Ticket prices seem to have gone up as well! Greed seems to have grown with the sucess of Billing.Therefore,Mr.F is spot on to what I wish would become a reality.A combination Of Z,s , New and 2nd hand stall,s Beer ,food etc. In fact, A minuture Billing Exclusive to the Z club. Do remember It has to be held All over (north,west south, east)............... DJZ 60.

DJZ 60

Well-Known Forum User
Abas, 10 or 12 year,s ago we didnt have an internet website, plus part,s were still available at main dealers.However things have changed now and I feel that a Z meet would be highly successful if parts could also be purchased . A star attraction would be" Pmac & The Angle Grinders" Mr.F I,m Interested!.....................DJZ 60.............. ...................Need feedback from all else on forum....

Wes

Well-Known Forum User
I'd def be there. I was quite annoyed as I bought tickets for the World superbikes the same weekend as billing and thought i Was going to miss out on all the parts I needed to get on with my 240 restoration.

Now I'm not quite so annoyed about missing out!

zedhead260

Well-Known Forum User
Originally posted by Mr.F
I might have a suitable S.E. venue to try it out

I have my reservations about attendance, but would be willing to take part in an experiment.

I think somewhere more central to the Z population would attract more attention. Northampton for example !.... which is probably why Billing is such a successful venue.

Black Bug

Well-Known Forum User
Even better why not combine it with a track day at somewhere like Elvington airfield, organised just for Z car owners, that should attract a bit more attention.

Cheers,
Rob

Tony 260Z

Club Member
Sounds good. Trick is, I suppose, finding a suitable venue that wouldn't cost the earth and is relatively central. And getting everyone to come along of course!

TL

status

Well-Known Forum User
No bits for sale,takes the shine off it a bit,ill probably not bother with billing,you never know wot you might find,whether you need it or not,its like the car shows me and a few of the old faithfulls use to do, untill they tried to charge the exibiters to put their cars on show after they had sometimes travelled miles,they just took the piss,thats why i knocked it on the head alltogether,as for the organisers of billing this year,if i aint got nothing to do then i might go apart from that they can stick it where the sun dont shine

Tony 260Z

Club Member
I can't get to Billing anyway, but half the fun of car shows is poking around through lots of bits when you don't need anything but doing it anyway just in case something catches your eye. Nothing for sale? Daft if you ask me...

Mr.F

Inactive
In this modern world of potential USA-style litigation any "official" venue will have a plethora of rules and regulations to be obeyed. Mostly they will never be brought into play, but when someone sues after cutting their finger on your rusty parts and develops tetanus, then you would be glad of the public liability insurance. Most of us are not used to this level of "nanny state" interference, but it is a factor of the new millenium. Even parking cars in a Club area at Trax this year will require public liability insurance and the provision of suitable fire extinguishers..........