Securon Seatbelt fitting

toopy

Club Member
I recently bought some Securon seatbelts to fit to the rear of my 2+2

but im confused as to how the buckle part and its bracket should be fitted to the car, the angled bracket obviously has to face away from the bodywork/transmission tunnel.
But looking at the instructions it would imply the bolt hole should be at the bottom, but for the buckle to be orientated the right way round, thats not possible.
If the bracket is fitted bolt hole up, the buckle is ok, but that doesnt seem right to me!!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• belt1.JPG
    belt1.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 86
  • belt2.JPG
    belt2.JPG
    1,003.6 KB · Views: 80

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I would have thought that you could mount that with the hole at the bottom. Are you saying that it clamps the webbing to the body? If you need some spacers or longer bolts I might have some - got a tin of seat-belt bits.

toopy

Club Member
I would have thought that you could mount that with the hole at the bottom. Are you saying that it clamps the webbing to the body? If you need some spacers or longer bolts I might have some - got a tin of seat-belt bits.

The kit is supplied with bolts and spacers as required, what I mean is, to have the buckle's red button facing outwards, the bracket end has to be bolted to the car with the bolt hole uppermost.

If you fit the bracket with the bolt hole at the bottom, the buckle will be facing inwards when you try to use the seatbelt.

If you look at my first picture and imagine the bottom, bracket end bolted to the car with the hole at the bottom, not facing upwards as in the pic, the buckle will then be 180 degrees wrong!

asbojohn

Club Member
Have you tried re-lacing the webbing so bracket holes faced the direction you want?

I had to do this on a set I fitted sometime ago.

yellowz

Club Member
I got caught out in a similar way with an inertia reel fitment. I had to dismantle the reel fitting completely and re-lace it after turning the material through 180 degrees.

On this it does not look like the material will fit out through the adjuster, without removing the stitched end.

Suggestion

Unstitch it, turn it round and take it to a cobbler to stitch back up. The stitching does provide any strength, the way the belt is wound through the bracket does that.