the aim

yl4H5I5.jpg

the result

nOf1tQB.jpg

OfhQOfw.jpg

sLNM3tM.jpg

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
Fit and finish looks to be top level. Wouldn't look out of place in an ALFAholics, Singer or MZR build.

Having had seats made myself (getting the moulds made, then getting mouldings taken off them and incorporating mount fixings, then selecting the right fabric and dealing with an upholsterer) I know having a bespoke design put together can be very difficult. Yours have turned out superbly. Well done.

Will you use the original runners? I reckon you might have enough room to do so.

Fit and finish looks to be top level. Wouldn't look out of place in an ALFAholics, Singer or MZR build.

Having had seats made myself (getting the moulds made, then getting mouldings taken off them and incorporating mount fixings, then selecting the right fabric and dealing with an upholsterer) I know having a bespoke design put together can be very difficult. Yours have turned out superbly. Well done.

Will you use the original runners? I reckon you might have enough room to do so.

thanks. I think I should have enough room to do so, there’s a chance they’ll sit 15mm or so lower than the standard seats on the original runners. Which would be bloody amazing.

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
not as narrow as you’d think. Even in ‘chubster’ state I fit in the seats Alan’s got in his 432r so as a yardstick, I’m happy.

it’s like having a nice dress that you always need to fit into.

It will go very well with the EFi you are planning to install soon.

I think Sean is right, they will be too narrow for your child bearing hips - so I’m happy to do you a favour and swap them for my vastly more comfortable original seats.

Can’t wait to see them in the car chap, they REALLY look the part - your car is going to be something very unique. :thumbs:

It will go very well with the EFi you are planning to install soon.

I think Sean is right, they will be too narrow for your child bearing hips - so I’m happy to do you a favour and swap them for my vastly more comfortable original seats.

Can’t wait to see them in the car chap, they REALLY look the part - your car is going to be something very unique. :thumbs:

thanks for the offer of support!

If needs be, I wont eat or drink for a year :)

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
They will look fantastic but will be a PITA to get in and out of. But how often are you going to do that?

They would wear on the side too. That happened to mine on my trackcar even though I had rollcage side bars to support myself when getting in.

Get some seat covers :conf2:

They will look fantastic but will be a PITA to get in and out of. But how often are you going to do that?

They would wear on the side too. That happened to mine on my trackcar even though I had rollcage side bars to support myself when getting in.

Get some seat covers :conf2:

As you mentioned, its going to be an 'event' car for myself, so its not a worry.

I've got motorbikes, getting in and out of leathers and all the gear is a bigger pain in the bottom than these seats.

I welcome some wear on them, I doubt it'll happen nearly fast enough, I was offered some extra leather covers for the seats for that side.

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
They look really good, are they made to your spec or can they be ordered. Will you be using the runners or fixed position