Seat Foams in the UK (Aldridge.co.uk)?

Robotsan

Club Member
Hi all,

Just been doing some procrastinating, and did a quick search for 'datsun seat foams' on Google, and came across a UK trimming place called Aldridge.co.uk selling what they're called duplicate seat foams for the 240/250/260z (yes, it says 250!) for a reasonable £200 for a complete set of 2 seats:

Anyone got any experience of these?

The pictures don't look that appealing.. the backrest part is missing the headrest. No biggy - I could re-use my existing ones I guess. And the foams don't appear to have the slots in them for pulling the flap of the new covers through - although again, could just cut them.

I have been set on adding foam to my crusty old seat foams, but they're so skanky that at £200 for the lot, I'm very tempted by this! But if they're shit then I'm not keen. I can always return them obviously but I'd rather not go through the hassle, so hopefully someone here has tried them already?

One of my original backrests.. not in the best condition!

1684248146651.png

Cheers

George

uk66fastback

Club Member
I imported some from the US when I redid mine - not sure these were available back then. They were more than £200 from memory. What’s to lose?

Robotsan

Club Member
Nice one thanks for the replies. I think I'll take a punt on them!

Yeah looking at around £500 inc shipping if importing some from the states now, so these are good value in comparison.

Robotsan

Club Member
I recently ordered 2 x seat bases from Aldridges - will let you know what I think as and when.

Nice one Tony, that would be great. I'm probably going to buy them next week anyway!

They've very kindly offered to honour the price they were when I enquired about them. Don't get that sort of thing often, so thought I should balance out my earlier tetchy comment with this :)

Last edited:

Russell

Club Member
I would be interested in learning how good these are as well.

My seats were fine but the new engine has quite a bit of get up and go so within a couple of months of being pressed back into them I am now being pressed into the metal frame of the seat.

Would probably add some heated seat pads at the same time for extra luxury!

uk66fastback

Club Member
I would be interested in learning how good these are as well.

My seats were fine but the new engine has quite a bit of get up and go so within a couple of months of being pressed back into them I am now being pressed into the metal frame of the seat.

I did that on mine while I had the foams out …

Robotsan

Club Member
Oh go on then! I wasn't going to bother doing this as I thought I'd only be driving it in the summer.. but it might help encourage my other half to come for drives in the Z if there's some kind of creature comforts!

Can anyone recommend a kit?

DaveF

Club Member
Nice one Tony, that would be great. I'm probably going to buy them next week anyway!

They've very kindly offered to honour the price they were when I enquired about them. Don't get that sort of thing often, so thought I should balance out my earlier tetchy comment with this :)

Do you think they'd be interested in a bulk order? I'd be keen to get some too

Robotsan

Club Member
Do you think they'd be interested in a bulk order? I'd be keen to get some too

Ah, maybe. Unfortunately I've already ordered mine - they did me a bit of a favour on the price so I doubt they'd have let me be part of a group deal anyway. Worth a shot if you ask them though.

DaveF

Club Member
Ah, maybe. Unfortunately I've already ordered mine - they did me a bit of a favour on the price so I doubt they'd have let me be part of a group deal anyway. Worth a shot if you ask them though.
I'll give them a call, cheers. I like the look of their seat covers too

Dale

Club Member
If you add the prices up for the foam and the covers how far away are you from an upholsterer fully redoing the seats and in leather?

Geoff-R

Club Member
If you add the prices up for the foam and the covers how far away are you from an upholsterer fully redoing the seats and in leather?

So they're about £700 all in. Not sure what it would cost these days but paid circa £1200 to have mine done about 3 years ago in leather. So is it £600 away in today's market?

DaveF

Club Member
I'm getting a quote for that too!! It occurred to me once I started adding it all up....although I do fancy having a go at it myself too.

Robotsan

Club Member
Yeah, a long long way. I was quoted £800 just to retrim my M3's front seats in leather, plus another £350 to add new foam to the bolsters. So over £1150. And that quote was 2 years ago and I love up north where things are cheaper!

I got my seat covers from MSA for around £300 and these foams came to £256 Inc shopping.