searching for a nice 240/260/280z

cpresslmayer

Well-Known Forum User
Hi there,
I owned a nice 350z appr. 10 years ago and currenctly I am driving a 370z during summer times but now I am searching for a nice historical z.

As their is absolutely no market for this kind of historic vehicles in Austria I have to look abroad and I am willing to fly over and let it transport by a professional shipping partner from nearly everywhere on the globe ;)

I am thankful about every hint for a nice and immeadiatly driveable z between 1970-1978 prefered a 2-seated example. I do not plan to go through a restauration so the car should be in good and solid condition. My willingness to invest is between 5 and max. 15T Euros.

Please answer to this posting or forward it via pn to my account - thank you in advance for your kind support, Christian

cpresslmayer

Well-Known Forum User
Hi Rob,
yes I am following this ebay auction - but I think this will go over my set budget :(

Looks great - Christian

Paul_S

Club Member
Hi Christian :)

You are lucky in that there are a lot of left hand cars for sale (compared to RHD). That one Rob linked to is lovely. Maybe they will accept an offer?

It's funny because I had a 350Z and now have a 370Z - and I want a 240Z now too! As an aside, if you want a reverse camera for your 370Z then let me know because I make them ;)

cpresslmayer

Well-Known Forum User
Hi Paul,
thank you for your offering - my 370z came originally with a reverse camera.

ad offer for the red one) I have already tried, but the auction is still running with active bids ... no response from the seller ...

BR, Christian

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Guys, that red car looks nice but as always be careful - ask lots of question re rust/filler.

For example I notice it has filler on the hatch slampanel at either side. This is a notorious rust area.

SacCyclone

Club Member
If you decide to fly out to the states, don't forget to look me up in Cali.

I can show you around and give you some good tips on what to look for. Have many Zeds at the shop we can pick apart and look at.

Good luck with the search.

Cheers, Mike

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
As their is absolutely no market for this kind of historic vehicles in Austria I have to look abroad and I am willing to fly over and let it transport by a professional shipping partner from nearly everywhere on the globe ;)

I am thankful about every hint for a nice and immeadiatly driveable z between 1970-1978 prefered a 2-seated example. I do not plan to go through a restauration so the car should be in good and solid condition. My willingness to invest is between 5 and max. 15T Euros.

Christian - for a car that you already know is rare in Austria and the surrounding countries, I feel that your budget of €15k maximum is irrealistic as regards 240Zs !

The only type of car you'll find under €10 is a shed needing a lot of work and parts (interior etc). Between €10-15k, you'll find a clean-ish project car with limited metal work needed.

A 240Z in the condition you wish will fetch between €18-25k.

If your budget is really so fixed, you'd better look towards a 280Z.

Good luck.

uk66fastback

Club Member
Saccyclone has a 280Z I believe - but he's in the US. But you know you'd be getting a decent car if you bought it from him ...

SacCyclone

Club Member
Thanks Mike,

I have not posted up to the classified ad section as of yet on this 1977 280Zed with 109,000 miles. Was waiting to add some 16" Rota RB wheels as well as front air dam and rear spoiler.

Here is the car anyway for those that are interested.

WeYCb5h.jpg
[/IMG]

5b5DZ96.jpg
[/IMG]

a6h92po.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator:

uk66fastback

Club Member
What's happening with the '65-'66 fastback in the background Mike? Is that one of yours? I do like this 280z I have to say!

SacCyclone

Club Member
You have excellent vision Mike.

Early fastback that belongs to a lady in her 80's, original owner, who is having our shop restore the car back to original condition. It is a "C" code 289 V-8 with auto transmission in springtime yellow. Had some rust in the rear quarters and floors but it has all been cut out and replaced with new metal. Drivetrain all rebuilt and installed. Rust repair done and waiting for the weather to warm a bit before the yellow paint goes back on. Should be done early summer or so. She is cute, called the other day and wanted to know how long before she gets her baby back.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
That 280Z looks in amazing condition, why not leave it as it is for the buyer to decide which way to 'take' it?

Those bumpers really were an afterthought - the rear looks very messy and the 'filler' is like a rear spoiler thrown across the gap.

SacCyclone

Club Member
Yes Rob,

I am taking Sean's advise and will temporary mount the front and rear spoiler / air dam with tape, they will go in the boot after.

Rota wheels too will go with the car if the owner wants them or less price without them.

Just showing options to the stock look. :thumbs: