Sean's ol' greenie-mobile

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Yes, bought from Sue Lumbard in Guildford in early May 1989 after nearly six months without a car, having sold my Celica and started looking.

A mate had a tatty 260Z 2+2 and when I saw it - I had to have one, did some homework, chose a 240Z to look for, joined The Club via an old mag left in the boot of the 260Z......and met up at The Halfway House. Stared talking to Mr F. who eventually mentioned that there was a nice one up for sale. She was The Clubs' treasurer I think ?

Sue drove, I just panted..........err, on the car and after a little haggling, we exchanged paper and I drove back up the A3 with pride.

Attachments

• Dutch Trip Green Z.jpg
    Dutch Trip Green Z.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 97
  • Early Green Z.jpg
    Early Green Z.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 95
  • Before and after Green Z.jpg
    Before and after Green Z.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 87
  • Comp Green Z1.jpg
    Comp Green Z1.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 67
  • Goodwood Green Z.jpg
    Goodwood Green Z.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 86
  • Swiss Trip Green Z.jpg
    Swiss Trip Green Z.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 78

status

Well-Known Forum User
We had some good times didnt we,was the days when people came out to play more,is that my Zed in one of those piccys

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
The brown 2 seater with two-tone colouring was ACT something......that was the London to Brighton Classic Car run....unbelievable laugh with Pete Trafford in the car with me - we overtook everybody and had a massive hamper prepared by Briony (his wife) that we just dipped into behind the seats. Gawd, but we upset some people......you see, nothing changes ;-) !

Mr Ex

Inactive
Yes, bought from Sue Lumbard in Guildford in early May 1989 after nearly six months without a car, having sold my Celica and started looking.

A mate had a tatty 260Z 2+2 and when I saw it - I had to have one, did some homework, chose a 240Z to look for, joined The Club via an old mag left in the boot of the 260Z......and met up at The Halfway House. Stared talking to Mr F. who eventually mentioned that there was a nice one up for sale. She was The Clubs' treasurer I think ?

Sue drove, I just panted..........err, on the car and after a little haggling, we exchanged paper and I drove back up the A3 with pride.

I went to the halfway house a couple of times:p when Sean was still in nappies:lol:That was back in the good 'ol' days.:driving:

Mr.G

Club Member
Excellent Sean, what's the story with the front spoiler looks very Samuriesque.

Don't wolfies look great on Zs, even though I may be biased ;).

96171903.jpg

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
I'll have to scan some more old photos...........

Ya know Paul, you're right...............but also about the outings :

the fantastic circuit events (JapFest and such) and Billing, Back to Basics are necessary, they're fun........but they're essentially behind closed doors - they're circus shows !

What is needed are outings in public - runs to a seaside town, a touristic convoy to some heritage site - what's happened ? No-one has the time for a day out now ? It's either block a weekend and get it all out of the way for 6 months or nothing ?

More PUBLIC outings - get the Zs seen, get more interest, get more members !

Attachments

• Looking Nice Green Z.jpg
    Looking Nice Green Z.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 49
  • Frank and Green Z.jpg
    Frank and Green Z.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 51
  • Goodwood Green.jpg
    Goodwood Green.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 43
  • Before, after and nostalgie Green Z.jpg
    Before, after and nostalgie Green Z.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 50

bongo

Well-Known Forum User
Hi Sean, what is the reg on the blue 2+2 G nose? it looks sort of familiar.

Cheers

Paul

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Oh, yes - the spoiler is metail - genuine Samuri from Spikes' day - I have no idea when or how it got put on. First thing I had done was have Leda adjustable suspension put on, the 280ZX front brakes with 280ZX brake master cylinder (MrF thought that I was the first - I have no idea - it did seem logical at the time).

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
Hi Sean, what is the reg on the blue 2+2 G nose? it looks sort of familiar.

Cheers

Paul
it was owned by Clive Standish and is a 240 with a rover V8 lump in it
Sold on a couple of years ago

144s_240Z.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Phil - never red that was Graham Potters' red Z !

Ah yes Steve but Clive had a 260Z dash in it !

Mr Ex - yep ( ACT engineering) !

Paul - the brown 260Z two seater is BPK 44T !

The other G-nose in the photo (yellow) is Colin Shipways' two seater.

Some more...........

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    903.3 KB · Views: 34
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 34
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    290.8 KB · Views: 37
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    280.2 KB · Views: 38

surreyseagull

Well-Known Forum User
wow some of those brings back memmorys of when the surrey group used to meet in kingswood arms and the red barn.remember clives 240 even though i only went to about 5 meets in 280zx brd774t...is that still around.there was also a guy called adam who had a nice red 240z.i remember pics of seans green z from mag

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
There was a Blackheath meet you - don't I look young............... !

Adam had a bad bike accident and I don't know if he regained his mibility.

What about Egan Yong - any news ?

And some other memories - better days.............

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    286.5 KB · Views: 53
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    308.5 KB · Views: 52
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    361.3 KB · Views: 51
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    310.9 KB · Views: 52

status

Well-Known Forum User
i did try to get people out twice in there Zeds,it was a good turn out,ie 1 yellow Labrador,my mate Jan (remember him) Gail Maltby (Alan was Working i think) and me,wot a waste of time and the second time no interest so i dont bother anymore,we use to do the car shows the same old crowd,that use to be a good day out untill they tried to charge the exibiters,another piss take so i dont do car shows anymore

Mr.F

Inactive
Red with Rover V8 was another car - magazine featured and (as far as I know) still hidden away in a garage up in Great Yarmouth - built by Graham Potter who worked for the magazine printers. See also link to old Z Club T-shirt designs.

There was another red 260Z with similar kit but tuned L-series built by Richard Carlton from Guernsey. Also Z Club magazine featured and cover car. Engine and car have now parted company and I've lost track of that one too - the owner of FFA might know...

Clive's car passed through my hands a few years ago having been resurrected from storage in his parent's garage. Owned briefly by Phil Hyett and now moved on to pastures new - I know not where...