Seal kits

Joe-99

Club Member
Hi
Was wondering if anyone knew of somewhere i can get the lower seal for the windows in the doors, it runs along the chrome at the bottom of the glass (i know it has a name can't think of it xD) as the ones on my car are all cracked

or if anyone knows where to get a full seal kit for the whole car that isn't too pricey, as i need a full kit anyway but can't find one with these seals in it

Thanks
Joe

arcdef

Club Member
I purchased a rubber strip to replace these but was very difficult as the original is stapled in and I couldn't get new staples back through the metal. Ended up using some metal clips.

Skillard make a full replacement kit with new metal etc which could be a better option as the metal trim may well be corroded.

Joe-99

Club Member
I purchased a rubber strip to replace these but was very difficult as the original is stapled in and I couldn't get new staples back through the metal. Ended up using some metal clips.

Skillard make a full replacement kit with new metal etc which could be a better option as the metal trim may well be corroded.

Ooh okay! Thank you very much! Yeah one side is out of shape and slightly rotten

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
No I used a like an offset t seal. I will have look to see where I got it

moggy240

Staff member
Club Member
Not found the offcuts yet as they were 1metre lengths and I think the offcuts were not very big so not sure where they are, but carbuilders do different sizes.
I removed the front edge when I did mine.

Attachments

• IMG_20220423_175411.jpg
    IMG_20220423_175411.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20220423_175404.jpg
    IMG_20220423_175404.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 12

moggy240

Staff member
Club Member
I did not get mine from carbuilders, can't remember where I got them.