Scam?

Huw

Club Member
This is on eBay twice with two different sellers. In UK Italy (??) and one picture only. Looked at the other items from this seller and they all have same format and different user names. No response to requests for pictures and a proper description.

So scam? Seems that way.

s-l200.jpg

Look at this on eBay
DATSUN Z 1980 CLASSIC 280 ZX TARGA TOP

Sent from my iPhone

yellowz

Club Member
See this quite a bit. Someone's account gets hacked and then they are selling loads of stuff.

Use the 'Report Item' link on the right hand side of page and let eBay sort it out.

richiep

Club Member
There’s an absolute plague of it on eBay right now. Several of the Zs and a Datsun Cherry listed are there two or three times due to scammers.

JK240

Club Member
There’s an absolute plague of it on eBay right now. Several of the Zs and a Datsun Cherry listed are there two or three times due to scammers.
The bronzy looking car has even got bids on one of the scam listings...!!

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
There are few on there at the moment it's so disappointing to see.
I see fake spray guns on ebay all the time and as sponsored ads, I used to report them but nothing got removed so I don't bother anymore.

As they say if it is too good to be true it generally is.

moggy240

Staff member
Club Member
That's good but the scammers put about 1500 ads on at time and makes it difficult to stop them before it's too late.

Dale

Club Member
I must have reported this person a dozen times, but more often than not eBay only remove the ad I report rather than all of them that are clearly scam ads.

The second photo is the give away, and it’s written the same each time.

Dale

Club Member
Same car though, so they must have taken it from an old ad as there are some small differences between the two.

AD240Z

Club Member
Really excelled themselves this time . I might just send them my passwords and mothers maiden name .........

ebay2.jpg

moggy240

Staff member
Club Member
I can't believe that people are that stupid to fall for it but they do. I think they have done it this way for a reason to get people to email them, makes sense to me.