Samuri Gathering lll Donington Historic Festival May 2015

JK240

Club Member
Hi All,

A Happy New Year to everyone, I thought I had better start the ball rolling and let everyone know that the meet which is now going into it's third year will be on again at this years Donington Historic Festival on the Saturday 2nd, Sunday 3rd and Bank Holiday Monday 4th of May 2015.

I think most on here will be aware of the previous two events, but for anyone who hasn't managed to attend its a fantastic weekend full of close fought historic racing all 3 days and a huge and varied display from all the car clubs. Plus lots of Z's to look at too hopefully :)

The links below are to the DHF site and to my Facebook event page for those who are into social media ;)

https://www.facebook.com/events/342343389302752

http://www.doningtonhistoric.com/

As in previous years I run this as a joint event with both Classic Z Register and Z Club of Great Britain and both our clubs are registered again, so we now have a discount code for booking tickets which is ZDHF15

I think the event is great value for money, eg a full 3 day ticket costs (inc booking fees and standard postage) £49.21 which divided by 2 makes it £24,60 each for the full weekend entry and gets you and your catr into the infield to join us on the stand.

I'll post the full charges breakdown at the bottom of the thread.

Car club ticket deadline
Please note the club ticket booking deadline of 5pm on Saturday, April 25th - Don't leave it till last minute though as the organisers will not sell tickets using the discount code after this and it's a big saving on the gate prices..!!

The link below will take you straight to the advance ticket page for purchasing on line
http://doningtonpark.seetickets.com/tour/donington-historic-festival

You must enter the code ZDHF15 and press the 'use code' button, then the prices on the page will change to our club prices, rather than the full prices originally displayed. At that point they will also be asked to request infield display parking passes.

Please note that car club discounted tickets are offered in multiples of two, and the price shown is the discounted price for one ticket. When you add two tickets to their basket, you will therefore be getting two tickets for the (full) price of one. If you want four tickets for the price of two full-priced ones, you must click '4'! Hope that makes sense...!

Children aged 15 and under (accompanied by an adult) get in for free. And each ticket gives two-for-one entry to the Donington Grand Prix Collection over the weekend and for the following two months.

Buying tickets over the phone
Our ticket hotline number is: 0844 873 7355 Your members will need to quote the car club code to take advantage of the club offer.

CAR CLUB PARADES
There will be one each day of the Festival, at lunchtime, featuring a maximum of 100 cars (across all clubs) each day.

ACCOMMODATION
Camping is available next door to the circuit - at the Donington Park Farm House Hotel.

Details of camping, hotels and local B&Bs can be found here: http://www.donington-park.co.uk/about-donington/accommodation/

If you do want accomodation I'd advise to book early as its very busy.

I hope that all makes sense, but as always if anyone needs any help with anything please get in touch and I will do what I can, thanks guys and lets hope we get another successful meet!

See you in May,

Cheers,

Jonathan.

See Tickets' charges
See Tickets levies the following additional charges on top of our ticket prices - a booking fee per ticket to cover their admin costs, plus a transaction fee on the total order. Booking fees are:

Ticket type
Booking Fee
£20 Saturday, Sunday or Monday single day ticket
£1
£32 Saturday + Sunday or Sunday + Monday 2-day ticket
£1.60
£45 3-day weekend ticket
£2.26

So two Saturday tickets bought using a car club two-for-one offer code will incur a £1 total booking fee and therefore cost £21.00 (i.e. £10.50 per person) plus the transaction fee. The transaction fee is a one-off post and packaging cost for the total order, and that is the same whether a member is buying one pair of tickets or 25 pairs of tickets. The transaction fee is £1.95 per order for first class post and £6.40 for registered post. So the total cost for those two Saturday tickets bought using a car club code and sent first class post will be £22.95. Your members will be able to choose their preferred method of postage at the checkout.

grahamjc

Well-Known Forum User
Looks very interesting...... its the weekend I arrive back from South Africa, so wont be able to make it.

JK240

Club Member
http://eepurl.com/bf7e8n

The race timetable has been published for the Donington Historiic weekend, looks like some good racing again :thumbs:

Please don't forget that advance tickets using the discount code ZDHF15 MUST be purchased before the closing date of Saturday, April 25th 2015.

Anyone wanting additional infield passes please let me know once you've booked the tickets, thanks

madda

Well-Known Forum User
If I was going to bring the car up for only one day (due to a newborn in the house), which day would you guys recommend?

How does it work with getting the cars on and off the stands? Are there time restrictions?

JK240

Club Member
They are all good days, each with different races and cars on the stand, movement is really flexible though. Come and join us :thumbs:

JK240

Club Member
Quick update guys, it is just about a month to the first big meet of the year, so hopefully everyone is ready and raring to get the cars out and on the road.

A reminder that the advance ticket offer is still available and will be right up until the weekend before. Closing date and booking deadline is 5pm on Saturday, April 25th - Don't leave it till last minute though as the organisers will not sell tickets using the discount code after this and it's a big saving on the gate prices..!!

Remember to use the code ZDHF15 when booking to get the club offer, and if anyone needs additional infield passes just let me know so I can get them for you in good time.

As always if you need any help or info just get in touch, cheers.:driving::cheers::thumbs:

Also Luke from unlap has again come up with a great T shirt design for the weekend, all available from the link below

https://www.unlap.co.uk/teamwear/samuri-gathering.html

xns2yq.jpg

15dnfvm.jpg

2zf4pp0.jpg

vdixp0.jpg

richiep

Club Member
That's a cool shirt design. Definitely getting one of those. Need to get my tickets first though! I'll need an extra in-field pass for the "support vehicle"...

status

Well-Known Forum User
Do you have to be a member of the z club to get tickets or is being in the classic register ok,cheers

JK240

Club Member
Hi Steve, I'll know better next week when the advance ticket sales close, but from the recent flurry of activity from here, Facebook and the emails it'll be a good crowd again.

Vaughan

Club Member
Hi JK booked my tickets last week for 3 days and pass into field anything else needed to have been done to get parked up with rest of Zeds?

JK240

Club Member
Hi Vaughan, no that's everything you'll need. I notice your in Devon and I'm sure that Superdry is also coming from Devon, might be worth chatting with him and see if you could make a convoy up to the Midlands :driving: :thumbs:

see you soon, JK.