Samuri for sale at NEC

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
I hadn't realised sleeving down to 2.0 litre was part of the Samuri recipe.

johnymd

Club Member
Door fit looks superb as does the general finish. Not sure about the seats though.

If its not on the register does that mean its not a genuine samuri?

johnymd

Club Member
I'm sorry if I upset some people hear buy I just don't get it. I get why big sam and the famous cars that were raced being worth a fortune but the normal road going cars that aren't on the "register" that pop up from time to time. Having being repainted to look like the racing sam's and maybe suck through triples. Maybe I would feel differently if I had one. I am open to enlightenment so what makes a Zed a samuri? Are they cars specifically built entirely by Spike to order? or are they just customer cars which he did a bit to? I know you could just get Spike to build you a head, as I have one, but if you also have him fit it to your car, is it then a samuri?

Please help me understand.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
This looks to be a really good car, which should attract some serious bidding.

Is this a Samuri from the 70s though?

Is it a modern replica?

Does it have a Sam head?

How many more are going to emerge as prices rise.

Why has it got a 280ZX cam-cover? What is the engine size?

What are the seats from?

Why is the dash 'flocked' ?

etc etc

Is Duncan selling it?

mrzed

Club Member
a dvla vehicle check says the tax was last due sept 1990 , been off the road for a while
and no windscreen wipers fitted suggests fresh paint
it looks a nice car
but is it worth the money?
does getting a z sprayed samuri colours add value?
if it was was sprayed say yellow would the estimate be as high ?

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
For anyone training 'Marketing and Branding' they could do a lot worse than refer to the Samuri idea. It worked and has stood the test of time.

The 'sporty' Classic Car world just loves the whole story from Big Sam to finding an old Sam in a barn, restoring it and it's connection with a trumpet player in Spain (if it's a genuine Sam).

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
IMHO the appearance of previously unrecognized sams for sale reminds more of the pied piper leading children down a certain path except for the 2 exceptions of one being Deaf and the other being blind and they had to make their own mind up on what was the true direction

And also lets be honest even the guy who is meant to be the font of all knowledge on which were sams and which were not never kept any true records and just relies on memory

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Is this a Samuri from the 70s though?

Is it a modern replica?

Does it have a Sam head?

How many more are going to emerge as prices rise.

Why has it got a 280ZX cam-cover? What is the engine size?

What are the seats from?

Why is the dash 'flocked' ?

etc etc

Is Duncan selling it?

Why is the engine paint blue ?

Early Sam blocks were red, later were black and didn't thay have black 'Nissan OHC' cam covers ?

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Like everything 'sam', does it depend what was to hand at the time?

What ? Paint colour ?

The later S130 cam covers didn't appear until 1982 anyway - they would hardly have begun to have been cannibalised until normally +10years later - when did samuri pack up (loaded question I realise:eek:) ?