290d439704432748acd8af8bf0997d4d_zpscab4c437.jpg

17effd9ca04cc36618be5db0462df969_zps4d0bf97e.jpg

ecfb9d333e6f1c24ee5cab9aa2760486_zps87eaa665.jpg

a19878a26e455f963f604da3d9a6302c_zpsd422e6f2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Zed2k

Well-Known Forum User
Sad SAM

Hi are you going to buy it and restore it looks like a bit of a job probably a home for the local wild life!

jim mcnab

Club Member
Not spoke to the owner yet,but the chap looking after it!!!? has said he would probaly sell,too big a project for me!

Russ

Club Member
As a rough guess readers, what do we think its worth, as a guess looking at it externally, imagine the engine hasn't seized but will evetually turn over, the interior is rough but there and the rot doesn't lead to too much chassis work?

Guestimations?

zeddsaver

Active Forum User
Hi Jim, this looks like a total rust bucket by looking at the pictures
Are you planning on purchasing it for parts ? If so please email me !! I am interest in the rear tail lamps if you are willing to sell them to me. :) :) Norm.

DJZ 60

Well-Known Forum User
I,ve seen one in worse order, quite recently (see Rob Gaskin,s......Looking for 260z Owner thread. That one started up quite easily and ran like a dream. This Samuri, with it,s colour,s etc. could have an interesting history , in which case,worth doing up!Check under the bonnet for Spike Anderson inner wing badge.if it,s just a rust bucket then buy the lights!...........................DJZ 60.

jim mcnab

Club Member
Told the engine was still good but missing a core plug,use to eat Renault GT turbo,s in it,s day.History of hill-climbs as well.Can anybody in the club trace the reg?

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I love pictures like this!! I could spend hours in scrap yards (and often have!), prefer them to showrooms. Just look at the plants around the sills, wheels etc. and that rear wing is awesome, fantastic pictue. It must feature on the cover of our mag one day and what 'provenance'.

This car must not be left any longer, how about a club sponsored project to bring it back to life and then sold on as a raffle prize?

Seriously, where is it, I'd love to see the condition for myself.

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
an interesting concept of a club sponsored project,perhaps you could buy some shares in it ???????????

DJZ 60

Well-Known Forum User
Now we,re talking buisness! here,s a trophy for dearest MR.F,for his up,and coming 2000th post,s..........DJZ 60

MaximG

Well-Known Forum User
If the board over the sun roof (although supprised it has one) is anything to go by its probable been letting in water for quite a few years. So the floors will be totaly nacked. If anyone tryes to restore it, all power to them I hope they a big wallet.

If some one decides to break it is there anychance of the window door frames and the quater light serounds. One of the previous owners of my car decided to black all the crome out and its proving a nightmare to clean up.

MaximG

pmac

Well-Known Forum User
Looking back at Jims original post, He seems to be asking if anyone out there KNOWS anything about the car. I dont see any requests for buyers or ideas what to do with it. He's not asking if you would all like a bus trip to see it either.
Now I know that we are all a bit jealous cos Jim found it and not us (well I certainly am!!!) but knowing Jim as I do there is no way he will be telling us where it is , sharing a joint build with us , or anthing else as silly,so lets just concentrate on trying to find some HISTORY about it and leaveJim to enjoy his new found treasure in peace!!!

zedhead260

Well-Known Forum User
Originally posted by pmac
but knowing Jim as I do there is no way he will be telling us where it is , sharing a joint build with us , or anthing else as silly,so lets just concentrate on trying to find some HISTORY about it and leaveJim to enjoy his new found treasure in peace!!!

LOL :D Peter, you never fail to entertain me.

It's life Jim, but not as we know it !

JEZ 280ZX

Well-Known Forum User
Originally posted by jim mcnab
Not spoke to the owner yet,but the chap looking after it!!!?
Hi,
I wouldn't call that "looked after"!:eek: ....What a shame it wasn't parked under cover...I can't understand why someone would let an obviously interesting car like that, just decay away in the open air!
Cheerz,
JEZ

Russ

Club Member
Well I'd be interested in it as a project, that will give me one year to clean it and start sourcing parts, and then I can get stuck into it, I promise to give it all the love it needs, and working at a classic car restorers who really can do anything helps. They make model Ts from just the chassis and most of the engine...

Let me know what we think it might be worth as is, its rotted right out no doubt but then it might have history. £2000???? Anyone?

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Being a 'Z Club' member I think we should be concerned about this car's destiny. Jim if you are going to take care of it then great, power to your elbow, but let us know your intentions please because I would hate it to go to the crusher!

What can we do as a club? We should be saving 240's, especially something that appears to be special. Many vintage and classic sports cars would be lost for good if not saved from situations like this.

I'm not interested in a bus tour Pete, but if it was reasonably close I would like to evaluate it for myself.

Looking at it I suspect it is 'beyond economical repair' but it may have more 'value' than that and as a club we may be able to save it.