S30 handbrake cables

Farmer42

Club Member
Hi does anyone know of a good place to get a replacement handbrake cable that will fit a 2+2 without taking out a second mortgage please?

I seem to recall that they are available from Vietnam or Thailand but can't find the site. What is the quality & fitment like?

Cheers.

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Thanks guys.

The ebay site says that it fits a 2+2 so going to keep my fingers crossed & order one.
The seller is very responsive and if it doesn’t fit you will be covered by eBay for free returns under “not as described”.

toopy

Club Member
I thought the cables were slightly longer on the +2, but maybe it's the linkage part of the mechanism rather than the cables that makes up for the extra length of the body.

Minksport

Club Member
It's the rod length that's different, so the cable should be OK. If I remember correctly someone bought one but the diameter of the ferels was for a later car not earlier ones. Only what I heard don't have any first hand experience if this though.

Turn & Burn

Club Member
It's the rod length that's different, so the cable should be OK. If I remember correctly someone bought one but the diameter of the ferels was for a later car not earlier ones. Only what I heard don't have any first hand experience if this though.
I did similar, I thought a 240z cable would fit a 260z. The end ferrules are too small, they’re beefed up on later cars. Easy enough to turn up an adapter bush tho. I then ended up shortening everything for the disc conversion

arcdef

Club Member
I ordered a cable from this seller and it got lost in the post. The seller refused outright to report it lost and eBay won't help either!

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
I ordered a cable from this seller and it got lost in the post. The seller refused outright to report it lost and eBay won't help either!
That sucks!!!

ebay have always stepped in when I have had issues. Did this go over 30 days then?

arcdef

Club Member
That sucks!!!

ebay have always stepped in when I have had issues. Did this go over 30 days then?
Yeah but because the tracking says delivered they won't help and the royal mail just direct me to DHL Thailand who direct me to royal mail .

I just wish the guy would help but he isn't interested.

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Shame as the cable worked well on mine - I’ve read the MSA ones are poorly made so that just leaves you with second hand I guess?

arcdef

Club Member
I'll probably just hold out with the current one for now, still works just the sheathing has worn through in a couple of spots!