S14 Gearboxes for Sale | The Z Club of Great Britain
  1. The Z Club relies on the support of it's paid members - join the club or renew your membership here.

S14 Gearboxes for Sale

Discussion in 'Parts and Other Items for Sale' started by Woody928, Apr 15, 2019 at 1:09 PM.

1. Woody928

Woody928
    Z Club Member
    Staff Member Moderator

2. franky

franky
    Z Club Member

Hi woody

Could you do me a massive favour and get the guys number from the first advert?

Please!

3. Woody928

Woody928
    Z Club Member
    Staff Member Moderator

I've dropped him a PM and asked , if I get a response then I'll let you know.

4. Woody928

Woody928
    Z Club Member
    Staff Member Moderator

Just messaged you on FB with it.

5. franky

franky
    Z Club Member

Cheers woody, i'm overseas and my network access wouldn't allow me to.

6. Seikoking

Seikoking
    Z Club Member

Sorry for the silly question but are these a direct replacement for the normal box on an L28?

7. AliK

AliK
    Z Club Member
    Staff Member Moderator

Pretty much. You have to use your original bell-housing that bolts on but you have to get the two shaft holes widened out for the bigger bearings. You need a modified gearbox mount and to shorten your drive shaft a couple of inches I think but apparently it's one of the best mods.

My s14a 'box has however been sitting in storage as an insurance policy for the last 5 years and frankly I love my S30s original 'box - it's actually pretty nice to use! But the PO did replace the synchros, so that may help explain it.

8. Woody928

Woody928
    Z Club Member
    Staff Member Moderator

No worries Jason, I assumed as much :thumbs:

As above, requires some custom work to be made to fit (Original L series bell housing modified, shortened prop shaft, custom gearbox mount etc). Gives the car a far more modern shift, particularly with a quick shifter kit fitted. Not cheap if your outsourcing all of the work and gives the car a much more modern feel. It depends on what your aiming for I guess.

I personally love mine and think it was a great move, my car doesn't drive anything like an original one anymore though... :leaving:

9. franky

franky
    Z Club Member

I’d prefer a rebuilt b type box, all things equal. Just the cost of doing so can add up

AliK likes this.
  10. Seikoking

Seikoking
    Z Club Member

Interesting. Thanks for the insight gents.

AliK likes this.
  11. AliK

AliK
    Z Club Member
    Staff Member Moderator

Just to make you laugh, down on the farm today I was inspecting my S14a 'box ;)

[​IMG]

franky likes this.
  12. franky

franky
    Z Club Member

Looks like a samurai l6 head in the background

Woody928 likes this.
  13. AliK

AliK
    Z Club Member
    Staff Member Moderator