S13 'box upgrade - which shift lever?

Seikoking

Well-Known Forum User
Hi Zedders!

When converting to an S13 gearbox, can the original gear shift lever be use don't on the S13 box. If not, any suggestions on where to find a suitable shift lever please?

Cheers

240L31

Club Member
I got the same quick shift, works perfectly. Did you seal the shifter mechanism? As mine had no rubber boot supplied.

richiep

Club Member
That’s the quick shift I use and can’t fault it.
Same here. It’s basically a copy of the expensive B&M one (the parts are interchangeable). All they need is opening up and extra lube adding.

As for rubber boots, the OEM Nissan one for the standard shifter fits. They cost about a tenner so just grab one of them. I combined that with a sheet of rubber that I cut a hole in and clamped to the tunnel with the standard bracket/frame.

Seikoking

Well-Known Forum User
Thanks guys.

For those of you using the quick shift mentioned, have you experienced any additional noise in the cabin? Read a few a reports that this is a common issue.

richiep

Club Member
Thanks guys.

For those of you using the quick shift mentioned, have you experienced any additional noise in the cabin? Read a few a reports that this is a common issue.

Never heard that one. Or never noticed anything personally. The only issue could come from someone not doing a good job of sealing up the shifter hole somehow, like I describe above.

Turn & Burn

Club Member
Ha! Love it.

Cheers for the reassurance gents
I know this is a bit of a thread revival....
But i can hear the extra noise created by the short shift. There’s pages and pages on internet about this and it seems to come down to vibration from the shifter bush. Mines got all the usual seals and gaskets that the box should have but I do get a kind ‘hissing’ vibration which changes when ur hand is on or off the shifter. Not too instrusive but I have no other rattles or whines from the ‘box or diff’ so it is noticeable.
I’ve got a cheap shifter installed so it may be a solution to look at a B&M or Cube, but it ain’t that much of an issue right now.