S.E.Z. Group Meeting 2004

Mr.F

Inactive
The first meeting of 2004 for the S.E.Z. Group of the Z Club will be at the Halfway House on Sunday 4th January at 12-00 midday. Junction of A127 and A128, Herongate, Brentwood, Essex.

Sorry to members - no newsletter this month due to Xmas post disruption. All welcome - noggin and natter!

Tony 260Z

Club Member
Mike, I'll see you there (I had been gazing at my diary trying to remember whether it was first or second Sunday!).

Let's hope the weather is kind to us 'cos I prefer not to get the old girl rained on.

Which reminds me... I need to pick up a wiper blade from you after one made a bid for freedom on the North Circular a couple of weeks ago. Also, are those fusible links in by any chance? And do you have a couple of the rubber strips that go on front bumper over-riders?

AAAND, the rear end of the car is very, very lively over any sort of bumps at the moment (all over the place in fact). I know my nearside rear strut needs replacing, but would that produce such dramatic symptoms on its own? Do I need to look at anything else too?

Thanks,

Tony

Mr.F

Inactive
Tony - the fusible links are here, I have indicators from Gary for you and I'll bring a wiper blade assy. along too. Yes, a dead rear shock is going to make the rear end feel very lively - pair of stock shocks in stock if you require. See you Sunday - might be just you and me, so don't be late......

Tony 260Z

Club Member
Great, thanks Mike. Luckily I already have the strut inserts (bought last year but not fitted yet) so don't weigh yourself down with another set. I do want the links & blade though!

I'll be there as close to 12 as I can. If I'm going to be late I'll give you a bell. As you know, it kinda depends on when I'm allowed out to play. Sad under-the-thumb s*d that I am...

I'll get those inserts fitted as soon as I can (describing the rear-end as 'lively' is something of an understatement).

Cheers,

Tony

ps - And thanks very much for getting the indicators back!

Tony 260Z

Club Member
Oh yes, and how's about the rubber strips for the bumper over-riders? Do you have any?

Thanks,

Tony

Mr.F

Inactive
Great turnout today - fourteen cars in total (and an MR2). And all this without a newsletter AND Tony A in work and unable to attend!

Thanks for your support!

P.S. only posting to raise my post count to 800 - only 200 to go for the prize, SB?????

Mr.G

Club Member
Hey, you forgot my little French number that attended too!

Great meeting Mike, good meeting Mr. Burns and Mr. Bannister as well as a few other people I had'nt met before.

pmac

Well-Known Forum User
I hate to dampen your enthusiasm Mike, but the post counter only goes up to 900! So no prize for that 1000 post mate!!!!!

Tony 260Z

Club Member
It was indeed a good turnout - I think we had the whole 'family' there too. And I left my camera at home as well, dammit!

TL

Mr.F

Inactive
but the post counter only goes up to 900

Shurely shome mishtake? It must manage 999 at least.........what then, recycle to 0?

Webmasters - give this your attention, NOW!