Rusty Nuts and assorted bits

Tony 260Z

Club Member
Do I remember seeing a while ago somebody had found some zinc platers that they could go to with a bucket of rusty nits and after the exchange of some drinking vouchers come back a while later to find their stuff all nice and shiny?

I've got lots of nuts and bolts and various small bits that are probably perfect;y usable but filthy dirty and rusty.

Anyone? Or did I dream it?

uk66fastback

Club Member
It was johnnymd I think - but IbanezDan did have some done as well - so either of them - if my memory is holding up.

johnymd

Club Member
I use Hockley enterprises. They have a minimum charge of around £90 so I try to take a big batch of stuff. If you give them rust pitted bolts they will come back shiny but still pitted. Best results are from rust free non painted bits. They seam ok with dirty items that many others were not interested in take it. Most places were fussy and wanted all the nuts and bolts cleaned and all paint removed. I have given them parts from UK cars but they come back too rough for me to use.

Attachments

• A561E898-94E0-4C52-9B24-66D5C389CAB1.jpeg
    A561E898-94E0-4C52-9B24-66D5C389CAB1.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 25

IbanezDan51

Well-Known Forum User
It was johnnymd I think - but IbanezDan did have some done as well - so either of them - if my memory is holding up.

I plated all of my parts by hand as I wanted to ensure I knew where they all went back. I also did it as I fancied having the kit in case I forgot to get any bits done..

I wouldn't do it again, I'd send it out, probably taken me 3 months longer to do my car because of it....

strugrat

Club Member
Derby Platers are another option. Their minimum charge is £35+VAT, usually 2 week wait or so.

Just had some done there for my build but forgot some stuff as normal:smash: