Rusting Z31

Z-hunter

Well-Known Forum User
Hi guys,

My Z31 has been off road a few years after a MOT failure for rust.
I did recently get an estimate for getting it through an MOT (after the original place I took it years ago botched the job twice) but there's no point going ahead with that without giving it a serious overhaul at this point I think. I've asked a few nearby bodyshops for guidance on restoration work, the general message was 'can do if we can get panels' (which aren't available, of course) - been the same since I got the car (had a rusty arch already then).
Since then things are also getting a bit nasty around the windows too... and the alternator & water pump have also conked out making it fairly immobile.

I'm aware there are a number of places in eastern europe people have been using for a while now for restoration work - does anyone have any experience or knowledge of how to go about getting in contact with someone that might be able to provide a quote? I also remember Sean Dezart had a friend who restored a Z31 in France that pics were posted of on here a few years ago... obviously there is a lot going on in the world right now but it'd be good if I could begin looking at where to go to start lining things up to maybe save a Z towards the end of the year. :)

worst of the window/trim rust
WBF77U3.jpg

n/s rear arch has been like this basically since I brought the car... cheap filler was to get it through an MOT years ago
sRSOJ0P.jpg

front windscreen might be trying to escape?? :unsure:
30xSMpE.jpg