Roulette table !

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Sean, you need to renew. I sent an email on 17 Oct - please can you see if you got it for my info.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Nope !

Emailed less than a month ago and cut off just like that and with no recall mail ? This a new ploy to lose members ?

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Sean, we are not trying to lose members, you can renew now via Paypal.

Instead of writing letters (especially to overseas members) I now send emails. Most people get them but occasionally they are missed or they go to SPAM folders.

Please PM me your email address and I'll check that it is the one we use.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Rob,

sending emails is a great way of doing it- BUT whereas before, reminders were sent via tha post, sometimes twice, in my case (or is it endemic ?) after less than 1 month following the first email, my account is disactivated !

That's pretty harsh don't YOU the committee think ? If I was getting free water, electricity, bus transport....expoliting reductions on parts and services, I could understand your unwillingness to 'subsidise 'late-payers' but this costs the club nothing yet so soon and with no reminders, loyal club members are cut off !!!

Perhaps ''we are not trying to lose members'' BUT we're not exactly doing what should be done to keep /attract them either.

C'mon guys, emails cost nothing.

My address

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Rob,

sending emails is a great way of doing it- BUT whereas before, reminders were sent via tha post, sometimes twice, in my case (or is it endemic ?) after less than 1 month following the first email, my account is disactivated !

That's pretty harsh don't YOU the committee think ? If I was getting free water, electricity, bus transport....expoliting reductions on parts and services, I could understand your unwillingness to 'subsidise 'late-payers' but this costs the club nothing yet so soon and with no reminders, loyal club members are cut off !!!

Perhaps ''we are not trying to lose members'' BUT we're not exactly doing what should be done to keep /attract them either.

C'mon guys, emails cost nothing.

My address

was on my signature and I had the option of editing which has now also disappeared so I need to reply to my own post to corrrect it !

Why not go the whole way and allow only forum access to fully paid up members ?:confused:

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Sean, the issue is how much time I'm prepared to spend on membership duties. I could cater for all eventualities but it would be so time consuming.

The fail-safe is that for internet/forum users if reminders fail then the system alerts them as it has done in your case.

If I remind people too early they forget to renew.

Anyway I'm going to resort to PMs for Forum users I think.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
????? Surely if you just pay you will become a member again, or am I missing something?

Of course I can (except that I've just changed banks and Paypal want 8-10 days) and I might yet........depends what I get for my money as an overseas' member !!!:thumbs:

But more importantly, THE system can be improved to KEEP existing members :

how many members has this club 'lost' each year over the past 5 ?

A net gain still implies having lost x, why not do more to keep them and have a higher net gain ?:confused: