ROTA RKR 15x8 et0

Roels

Active Forum User
Hi guys,

i'd like to buy some new wheels since i still have stock ones, and i've been reading different opinions here about fitment and rubbing, and just to be sure:

-Will 15x8 et0 fit my 260Z with coilovers? Should i be going for a different et? (Not available at driftworks, maybe different site?)

-What tire size would be best?

Thanks!

datsfun

Club Member
Back ground information needed.

Stock wheel arches or are lips rolled?
Assuming coilovers all round?
Will you be running camber adjusters\top mounts?
Have you got a tyre size in mind or will go with whatever works?
How low do you want to go. Subtle? Lower? Slammed?

Leeski26

Club Member
I have the RKR 15 x8 0ET fitted to my 240z which has standard suspension and 205 55 r15 Toyo T1R tyres and have no problems with rubbing, if that's any help.
aa9750921c38c672b2ae0abcfde561f5.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Roels

Active Forum User
are those the copper ones? Looks really good!

Yes i have coilovers all around, with camber adjustment plates.
Tyre size not that important if it makes a difference in rubbing, so i'll go for whatever works..
Stock wheel arches and for ride height, i just want the wheels to be filling the arches without big gaps, so i'll adjust the height to fit the tires!

racer

Club Member
I run these aswell in that offset. I run a 215/50 toyo 888 with no issues. These come up quite wide compared with normal street tires.

johnymd

Club Member
I do like the RKR's, in the same way I liked the grid's I have on the blue car, but when a wheel becomes very popular it looses its appeal to me. So what's the next wheel to become desirable on a zed? I already have my favourite for the orange car but it's a little too similar to the RKR.

Roels

Active Forum User
i also like the rota os mesh and rota flashbacks, but i don't know if they'll look good on a 260Z..

images

med_rewind_black_angle.jpg

Project Z

Forum User
Hi Guys,

Need some advice...

I just bought 15x8 Rota RKR's with exact same tyres as Leeski for my 240z with original suspension and I have huge arch gaps, front gap is 2" 1/2" and rear is 3" 3/4"

I was really disappointed as thought I'd get the same look like Leeski's 240 which I really like but I assume it must have been lowered,

Any advice on lowering would be much appreciated?

Leeski26

Club Member
Photos can be a bit misleading, I have a 2.5" gap on the front and the same on the rear.I am considering a set of lowering springs from MJP
DSC02172_zpsynykdxdn.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
You can see the gap more from a different angle

Project Z

Forum User
Hey, thanks for the reply, I think that gap on yours is acceptable, the gap on my rear arch is huge compared to yours, I'll try upload photo but struggling from my mobile

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Hi Guys,

Need some advice...

I just bought 15x8 Rota RKR's with exact same tyres as Leeski for my 240z with original suspension and I have huge arch gaps, front gap is 2" 1/2" and rear is 3" 3/4"

I was really disappointed as thought I'd get the same look like Leeski's 240 which I really like but I assume it must have been lowered,

Any advice on lowering would be much appreciated?

I'm confused - you thought that changing the wheels/tyres would reduce the (already infamous 4x4) OEM look ?

Project Z

Forum User
I am too, I changed 14"x5"1/2" with 195/70 tyres for 15"x8" 205/55...

I guess I need to lower her or change wheels again

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
You don't need to change wheels/tyres again - THAT won't improve anything - you literally need to lower the car upon it's suspension whatever wheel/tyre combination.

Mine on 8x15 ET0 225/50X15 and a friend's done the same with the same combination.

Attachments

• DSCF1807.JPG
    DSCF1807.JPG
    266.2 KB · Views: 131
  • P1060466.JPG
    P1060466.JPG
    113.5 KB · Views: 132