Rocky Auto Video

Robbie J

Club Member
It starts out promoting a load of their copied 3000GT (based on a 2000GT) but later on there is a few Nissan's including some US imports

I'm not agreeing to some of their body changes either (cutting up a R32 GTR!) anyway its worth a look

about 10mins in before for Nissan stuff starts

Jay.

Club Member
Finally got round to viewing it. I've been subscribed to Sammit for a while - he gives a pretty honest account of car culture in Japan. He's definitely not super clued up, but he never pretends to be which I appreciate.

I enjoyed the video - I'm a huge fan of "Hybrid Z's" so Rocky Auto is pretty much heaven. Wish he spent a bit more time on each of the cars, but the video was already long enough I guess.

The 3000GT's are an interesting concept. I'm surprised to hear that 40 out of the 51 have already sold, especially considering their price tag. Beautiful cars though

Robbie J

Club Member
Finally got round to viewing it. I've been subscribed to Sammit for a while - he gives a pretty honest account of car culture in Japan. He's definitely not super clued up, but he never pretends to be which I appreciate.

I enjoyed the video - I'm a huge fan of "Hybrid Z's" so Rocky Auto is pretty much heaven. Wish he spent a bit more time on each of the cars, but the video was already long enough I guess.

The 3000GT's are an interesting concept. I'm surprised to hear that 40 out of the 51 have already sold, especially considering their price tag. Beautiful cars though

I agree on Smmit, he does make me cringe sometimes but its honest and he is very much lives the drifter life....

If I can get to Japan next year Rocky Auto cafe is on the list of visits

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
Ah, Rocky Auto. Friends of mine in Japan cringe at some of the stuff they get up to there.

Big money washing owner-client base. Certainly pushing the envelope of taste in a lot of what they have done in the past, but their biggest *crime* as far as many people are concerned is to not be 'real' car people, despite appearances.

Owner is an utter sleazebag, which doesn't help.