Roadster.. Top Gear tonight!

JEZ 280ZX

Well-Known Forum User
Hi,
According to my tv guide, Top Gear are driving a 350Z Roadster, Audi TT and Chrysler Crossfire to Iceland tonight!
Cheerz,
JEZ

JEZ 280ZX

Well-Known Forum User
Hi,
Well Richard Hammond (Hamster) liked it anyway!
To make the 350Z look slower than the Audi TT, they raced them from a standing start on a wet sandy beach!....Of course the Audi with it's 4 wheel drive traction and Clarkson driving, was going to win! :rolleyes:
Cheerz,
JEZ

JEZ 280ZX

Well-Known Forum User
Markp.com said:
Bugger! I missed it... bit torrent here I come! :D

Hi,
It's repeated on Tuesday night at 7.00pm.....The 350Z's clearly the best of the three!!
Cheerz,
JEZ

Arkwright

Inactive
Quite right Jez far superior to the other two and it was a teeny bit obvious which car was going to win on the beech (and why they chose that location). Except for the Hamsters comments the whole event was loaded against the Z. They even kept referring to it as a Datsun.

Mr.G

Club Member
350Z got my vote, much better car hands down between the other two. The Chrysler was cheaply manufactured and wasnt a real sports car and the Audi was plain boring!

Only question is how did Richard Hammond manage to break the Traction Control button?? I thought the 350Z was well put together?

MattDaKav

Well-Known Forum User
veilside z said:
Why even bother tuning in to Top Gear for anything Nissan related :unsure:

You should know by now that JC hates anything with a Nissan badge on... more fool him :p

In JCs defence... He did say that the R34 GTR was as good as cars get!

steven lack

Well-Known Forum User
The 350z won it hands down
Hammond was able to break the traction control button ,
due simply down to his overall exitability in the zeds cockpit
Clarkson well he is a girl and only chose the crossfire because he isn't man enough to choose the best car the 350z and go back on his words because
its a datsun / nissan --------------------------------------
" ( he did chose the honda s2000 as his favorite originally designed as a convertible car ,
so why does he hate the datsun/nissan so much , maybe its reverse phsycology , in that if he hates it enough ,we the world , will go out and buy one , maybe nissan are paying him a fortune to subliminally dis-advertise the 350z , cause lets face it he needs as much money as he can get to fuel his GT40 when its running ) "
--------------------------------------------- particularly as he got such a real buzz in the 350z over what they classed as the rally section , so he chose the sloppy fat cheap sports car ,
well they say you can tell a man by the car/cars he drives
i vote we put him in another jet fighter and do 350 loop de loops and watch him chuck up again and again , cause he's man enough.ha ha ha ha ha he he he he he

grolls

Well-Known Forum User
steven lack said:
i vote we put him in another jet fighter and do 350 loop de loops and watch him chuck up again and again , cause he's man enough.ha ha ha ha ha he he he he he

i take it thats with him strapped to the wings naked and with a parachute tied to his thingy, just to register g force of course...lol:D

Russ

Club Member
I'm getting fed up of the testing on beaches, what does it prove at all???

The crossfire is hideous and naff, and the TT, well its 300cc too small ;)

mick daniels

Well-Known Forum User
First take that chrysler thing out of the equation:rolleyes:

How they can compare that little girlie audi to a 350 is an insult. I hated them before the new z made it's first appearance and still do.

Iceland was a scenic location, not very practical , but suited JK in his usual "Im crazy me, i can do whatever I want" mode.

He is funny though:)

mick daniels

Well-Known Forum User
veilside z said:
Now if Jay Kay hosted Top Gear we could get some serious petrolhead comment, unfortunately we're stuck with JC (no, not the big JC either... the tall, balding one living Oxfordshire way) :rolleyes:
oops:D

suzy

Well-Known Forum User
Such a shame about JC's GT40 - couldn't happen to a nicer guy:rolleyes:

How long did he have it? 3 weeks!!

qunvat

Well-Known Forum User
JEZ300Z said:
Hi,
It's repeated on Tuesday night at 7.00pm.....The 350Z's clearly the best of the three!!
Cheerz,
JEZ
YES BUT WOT CHANNEL!...CANT FIND ANYWHERE MATE

SIMON.