RHD wiper arms | The Z Club of Great Britain
  1. The Z Club relies on the support of it's paid members - join the club or renew your membership here.

RHD wiper arms

Discussion in 'Anything and everything' started by AliK, May 30, 2018.

1. AliK

AliK
    Z Club Member
    Staff Member Moderator

Long shot but have to ask, does anyone have a set of RHD wiper arms they don't need!?

I have two driver's side (short) ones installed which makes the blade on the passenger side connect with the windscreen rubber at the bottom.

2. Mr.G

Mr.G
    Z Club Member

Yes i do.

I have just ordered stateside a set of Nissan OEM steel ones, so if you don't mind some generic black ones (Ferodo I think) you're welcome to have my old set , nothing wrong with them with lots of life left.

3. AliK

AliK
    Z Club Member
    Staff Member Moderator

Thank you Mr G. Do you have any pictures?

4. Mr.G

Mr.G
    Z Club Member

Sorry Ali, I misread your post, I now see you are after wiper arms (which I do not have) and not wiper blades (which I do have a spare used set that you are welcome to). If you still want wiper blades let me know.

5. Fairlineguy

Fairlineguy
    Z Club Member

Now I haven't tried this yet.
    I'm sure that a pair of LHD arms could be converted to RHD by taking them apart and buying a pair of trico
    Arms with the opposite crank and riveting the arm part into the bottom part.
    If that makes any sense?

AliK likes this.
  6. AliK

AliK
    Z Club Member
    Staff Member Moderator

Thank you, it does make sense. I do have a pair of LHD ones - taking them apart looks like it could be terminal!

If I can't find any, I may have a go at this. Thank you.

7. Farmer42

Farmer42
    Z Club Member

Hi Ali

Did you ever sort this? Did you try converting a LH arm to RH and if so did it work? My driver's side arm has bust and I can't find a RHD replacement anywhere so was thinking about trying to and convert a LHD one which seem to be easier to get hold of from the US. If you did get a replacement Passenger side arm or converted a LHD arm, would you consider selling your spare Drivers side one?

Cheers
    Paul