Revolution 5 spoke or similar

toopy

Club Member
Ive always fancied a set of Revolution 5 spoke's

5spoke revolution.jpg

but they only go up to 15" and id really like to go for 16" wheels as i prefer the look of a 50 series tyre

Anyone know of a similar looking wheel? or any decent looking reasonably priced wheel for that matter,
other than the minilite type as ive never been taken by them :(

toopy

Club Member
Rota Grid V.jpg

Not bad, but i prefer the colour style as shown, but they only seem to do it in 15"

they have a 16" version but it only comes in bronze!! .......WTF

Why are these manufacturers so restrictive? all different sizes and colours for the same wheel,
but you cant have that particular size in that particular colour .....WHY FU@*ING NOT........ Aaaarrggggghhh :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Also ET is 20

How far away from ET0 is it ok to go?

zNathan

Well-Known Forum User
How about Volk TE37 V's? Pretty much the same as Rota Grid Vs like above but you can get them in 16inch and different offsets I believe.

Got a set of 4 black Rota Grid Vs that I had on my old 260Z (2 seater), they looked sweet :)

EDIT: forgot to mention the Volks are expensive...

johnymd

Club Member
I love the classic look of revolutions and have seen them on a Z (Sylvain's) in 15's and they look great when the car is lowered just right. Matt also run these on his race car but not sure of the size. There was also a set on a period race car at spa bur the spokes had a dish on them. Not sure if they were made by revolution but had the same look. May be worth looking for revolution 4/5 spoke copies.

Mr.F

Inactive
ifx_17.jpg

15" to 18", 4 and 5 stud; made to specification, so perfect fit...

toopy

Club Member
15" to 18", 4 and 5 stud; made to specification, so perfect fit...

Me likey :thumbs: ....... dare i ask how much? 16" 7j and i guess 0et, Gunmetal for spokes(or similar) with the polished rim

Do they supply nuts and can you have locking jobbies as well

edit: see following post!

Last edited by a moderator:

zNathan

Well-Known Forum User
How's your search coming along Toopy? Found anything else?

1.jpg

That's the only 16inch rim that I can find (other than the Image rims that Mike posted) similar to the Revo's but they're even more expensive than the Image rims at £1.6k for all 4... :eek:

There really is a lack of choice out there for 16 inch retro rims... And then you get this company kicking you in the face when you search for 16" >>> http://www.tansywheels.com/ :banghead:

I think I'm going to stick to 15" on mine, I've been looking at Rota Kyusha's but not sure if 15x9 et0 will fit:

img0564j.jpg

toopy

Club Member
Hi zNathan

Well, having done a lot of searching and hitting dead ends with regards Right size wrong colour
Right size and colour, wrong offset, Right colour right offset, wrong size... dont even mention PCD!! :rofl:

Got totally fu*@ed off and have decided on these :rolleyes:
rb167rlgunmetal.jpg
Rota RB

Not really what i want design wise, but right size (16"), rightish colour, right pcd and right price (£505)

Really, really like the wheels MrF posted, but havnt got that sort of money available just to spend on wheels,
other stuff i want to do that takes priority i.e. lowering springs, shocks, braided brake hoses etc, etc :driving:

TomZupra

Well-Known Forum User
Just remembered I still have 2 x Rota RBX 17x9.5" in the garage, were too wide for the arches on my car. Probably no use to you but thought I would mention it

johnymd

Club Member
You cant really beat Rota's for value for money. Great selection of styles too. My favourite has to be Watanabe though. I love the rough matt finish plus I wont need to clean them.

richiep

Club Member
You cant really beat Rota's for value for money. Great selection of styles too. My favourite has to be Watanabe though. I love the rough matt finish plus I wont need to clean them.

A compromise would be the Rota RKRs - they are much more accurate copies of the Watanabe R type, at about a quarter of the price. Size choice is limited though compared to the real thing, only being available in 15x8, 15x9, 17x8.5, 9.5, and few offset choices. Size and finish choices through UK sellers are more limited than US and elsewhere too (typical). I've been planning to get some in 15x8 et0 in matt bronze for some time. You can however now get them from the US with matt gunmetal spokes and polished lip too.

andrew muir

Club Member
What about konig rewinds?
You need to be carefull with the overall sizes as there isn't a lot of clearance on the fronts.
I have 15" with 205-60s on my 2+2 zero offset and have 10mm clearance on inside and outside on my 2+2, you could fit 225-50 section tyres if you have strong arms:D

zNathan

Well-Known Forum User
Only problem is you can't get the Rewinds in 16 inch :/

Other style option for 16" is going for the mesh look, like Enkei's :)

enkei-enkei92-classic-wheel-large-main.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

toopy

Club Member
Yeh, have seen several similar to my original plan that would be ok, but fickle as i am,
i dont like the visible bolt head look

I stand corrected! :thumbs:

They've also got these in 16" Toopy, more towards the initial look you were going for:

large251130.jpg